I am really interested in getting a 2x12 recto cab after playing one at my local GC. The thing is, I just sold my combo amp and will no longer have any speakers to play through. I was thinking of getting the horizontal cab but there are none on ebay right now ( last week there were like 5 or 6) but I saw that there is a vertical one and I would be able to do a local pickup.

So in order to solve my dillema I need someone to tell me if there are any pros or cons to getting either the vert. or horz. cab.

Thanks.
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
The vertical cab would be almost as bulky as a 4x12. I would just wait until there is a horizontal one on the bay and then snatch it. Also, check your craigslist.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Its true, it'll be damn bulky. But hey if it gives you the sound you want and you dont need to worry about saving space, i'd say go for it.
a guy told me that the tremolo bar was called the "distortionator"
I like vertical cabs more, they take up less space, which can be really handy if you use it as a practice amp as well. Hoizontal probably look a little cooler though.
There will be NO tonal difference between and vertical and horizantal 2x12 cab my friend. NO difference.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
I don't know what the guy above is talking about saying the verticals are smaller...but, I decided that if I'm shelling out some major cash on my guitar rig that I want to make it right.
I'm going to college next year and having a large cab, let alone a cab, in my dorm room will take up a lot of space when I'm not out playing.

I just need the cab soon though cause I don't want to be stuck using headphones for too long
Gibson Explorer
Jackson Soloist SL3
Orange Tiny Terror
Mesa 2x12
Get a cab with feet on the bottom and side. Then you can have both. It's not going to be much different, the horizontal cab might have a little more bass because it's touching more of the floor.