I would go for the Squier, because i think it would be a better guitar than a Special 2
the squire
I had to get a replacement after I broke my G string. What a pain in the ass!
I really like the first one so is the performance of the Squier significant enough to sacrafice my liking the look of the Les Paul?
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
This is like kindergarten, there are no wrong answers. Get the one that looks cool.
I actually believe the les paul might be the better guitar, but the amp in the squier package is without a doubt better...so, there you have it.
At this point, it's really just up to you. Either one will function well as a good starter instrument
When you say the amp for the Squier is better, is it because it's louder, better quality, or both? If Les Paul's amp is not as loud, I don't mind since I'll just be practicing in my room anyways.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.
My first guitar was that same Special ll, and I thought it was a great guitar till I tried any >$300 guitar. My brother has the exact other starter pack, and I can honestly say overall I would get the strat. It's got a whammy bar, amp is slightly better, and I personally just like the feel of it better.

Neither are bad though, but I'd say get the Fender.
I'd get the epiphone package, purely because it's cheaper and your starting out. If you end up loving playing and want to progress to a high level nothing in those packages are worth having.
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC