So I decided today that I want to visit the U.S.A. In a year and a halfs time I will be 21 and would have completed my landscape gardening apprenticeship. After that I'm off. I want to hire a car and visit every state. I'm also going to try and bang a chick in every state. (Idea stolen from Family Guy).
The thing is money. I have no idea how much it would cost to do all this. I need to take into consideration accommodation, car rental price, food, gas. So I was wondering if some intelligent person could give me a rough estimation as to how much it would cost. (I'm going to start saving).
Also should I book my accommodation before the trip, or would I just be easier to find places to stay when I arrive?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Damn, you're gonna get really bored really fast.

But to answer your question: I'd expect to spend 10 grand or so to do that comfortably and able to do stuff in each state.
When you were born, you cried, and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Kabir
Gas and rental car are your only concerns.

Food: Buy a bunch of $0.20 ramen and heat it up at 7/11's or some ****

Sleep: Be sure you rent something like an expedition or an explorer, get a futon or something, set it up in the back, get some blankets, a pillow and you're set.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
ehhhh well ur chances of getting a STD are high 1/4 ppl are said to have them and if you go to every state idk be careful plz lol....
XBL GT: WILDWAYNE001
add me if you wish...
gas is going to be the killer for you. I'm planning a road trip from Omaha, Nebraska to Sacramento, California to New Mexico, and back to Omaha. It's going to be a lot especially with all the stops and side trips.
Quote by DanRev
"Come over to my place, no ones home"

I went, there was no one home.
I'd imagine 50 prostitutes would be pretty expensive. Unless you don't mind the fatties.

Also, tell me how driving to Hawaii works.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Gas is expensive, and most of America looks the same. Visit a couple of states, but not all of them, it would just get too boring (and too expensive). And most importantly, banging a chick from every state is a bad idea, you have no clue what they could have. Seriously.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Last edited by black007hawk2 at Mar 31, 2008,
things that happen in cartoons, mostly family guy and simpson dont happen in real life....and dude if you actually do that, let me know when you hit new york cause i'll shake your hand
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Sleep: Be sure you rent something like an expedition or an explorer, get a futon or something, set it up in the back, get some blankets, a pillow and you're set.

Good Idea
Visit a couple of states, but not all of them, it would just get too boring (and to expensive

Another good idea.
Although I'm starting to learn the pit isn't the best place to ask for advice, I would still like to hear what states you guys would recomend visting.

I'd imagine 50 prostitutes would be pretty expensive.

Good point, I'll just visit your mother 50 times.
Definitely come to Chicago and go to Buddy Guy's Legends and B.L.U.E.S.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Rhythm__Guitar
I would still like to hear what states you guys would recommend visiting.

Don't go to Florida. I don't want you defiling our women.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
hrm... NY for sure. maybe Mississippi for the swamps? gotta love swamps. i like VA but theres not much to do. Nashville is a must see too.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quite a bit.

Take car of the Wanna-bango, on your Cross-****ry trip.

Stop in smalltown Peru, IN. Places to stay here aren't too bad, and are cheap. Plus you could have a jam with me, and only have to risk getting robbed.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Best states to visit: Florida, California, Texas (?), New York, Michigan, Massachusetts, Louisiana, Illinois, and New Jersey

Sound good?
Quote by soccermom
The only epic thing about the bass forum is Pete Wentz penis. Its Epic. Epic penis.
BASS, MT, AND PIT JUNKIE

Quote by Rhythm__Guitar
Good point, I'll just visit your mother 50 times.

That'd actually cost even more. PM me for the figures.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
First off, you're gonna want some money for fast food. I'd say...100 dollars should be good for that...maybe even 150 for food. Gas is gonna be the killer. I'd say 200 dollars for gas, depending on what you get. Rent yourself a minivan. You get okay gas mileage, and some good room. Sleep in the car to save money. The rental will probably cost a lot, I'll say 800, because I've never rented a car before. Keep 200 for misc expenses (including condoms)

So...your grand total is... $1350
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Quote by lespaulrocks39

Also, tell me how driving to Hawaii works.

It's secluded, but its still on the lower corner of the map, just take the interstate.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by AboveTheBridge
Best states to visit: Florida, California, Texas (?), New York, Michigan, Nevada, Louisiana, Illinois, and New Jersey

Sound good?

Gotta see vegas, that where hell get all his women...
Quote by cjblack532
First off, you're gonna want some money for fast food. I'd say...100 dollars should be good for that...maybe even 150 for food. Gas is gonna be the killer. I'd say 200 dollars for gas, depending on what you get. Rent yourself a minivan. You get okay gas mileage, and some good room. Sleep in the car to save money. The rental will probably cost a lot, I'll say 800, because I've never rented a car before. Keep 200 for misc expenses (including condoms)

you.
fail.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
Quote by AboveTheBridge
Best states to visit: Florida, California, Texas (?), New York, Michigan, Massachusetts, Louisiana, Illinois, and New Jersey

Sound good?

That dude would get pillaged to **** in New Jersey.
Quote by SmElLy KiD
That is priceless man, you might be my new idol.

TS, whenever I see your username, I misread it as "isuckhardcocks."

Just had to get that out there.

We're ticking away, the moments that make up the dull days
Quote by cjblack532

You must tell me how you traveled through time to 1965?
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by TooFast
Definitely come to Chicago and go to Buddy Guy's Legends and B.L.U.E.S.

HELL YEAH MOTHER****ER!!

No seriously though, New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Austin, and Nashville are all great spots for a traveling musician. I recommend starting in NY, going to the Chi, then Nashville, then Miami (if you want), then Austin, then LA and San Diego to cap off your trip.

Of course you can add and subtract stops as you choose.

The sleeping in the car thing is a good idea, but if for some reason you can't, try to stay in hotels and call ahead.

EDIT: Almost forgot, hit Las Vegas between Austin and California.
Last edited by musiclover2399 at Mar 31, 2008,
Basic plan at the moment. Start in California then go to Vegas. After that I'm not sure but want to go to Chicago. I'm not sure how I'm going to return the car after that. Either travel a different route back to the rental place. Or rent the car using fake ID, burn the car then quickly leave the country.
Oh and speaking of Buddy Guy, I saw him live 2 weeks ago. He's still got it.
you should stay at a UGer's house every night. that would really be interesting..............................................ew, i really don't want to think about that anymore, so i'll change the subject.

the gas is no doubt the biggest factor as already stated. you'll want a car efficient in miles per gallon, but also large enough to somewhat comfortably sleep in. i don't suggest sleeping in your car every night, that could get old as hell, but sleeping there most of the nights is probably a must and will save a ton of cash. definitely treat yourself to a hotel in every big city though. i don't know about going to every state, hell, i'd say 99% of americans don't go to every state, i personally haven't and don't have a particular desire to. i think i've been to 11 or so . anyways, keep us posted, maybe a nation map with your desired route? we can help more that way. good luck.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Well if your location doesn't lie and you live in Melbourne, the plane ticket would probably cost more than the trip. I'm unsure of any flights from Melbourne to whatever - USA, but I know Sydney to Las Vegas is a very common flight. I really can't be bothered looking up flights for you because i'm sick of doing that as I plan to go to Ohio soon, so i've spent enough of my life on those god forsaken sights. However, I will tell you save a few hundred more than you think, you always end up spending more money on vacation, especially when you're in another country.
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
[ruining the party]

you cant rent a car in the USA untill youre 25.

[/ruining the party]

have a good trip!
I have no opinion on this matter.
you cant rent a car in the USA untill youre 25.

Wow, you just completly ruinied my plans. Although I suppose I should thank you, there would be nothing worse then getting there and realising I can't hire a car. Maybe I just spend a month or so in Vegas. That's the place I was most looking foward too. And I'll see how many drunk chicks I can bang in that time.
If you plan on banging a chick in Alabama
it would be a good idea to double wrap your willy
Schecter Hellraiser C7 w/ BKPs
Hughes and Kettner Switchblade
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez TS9
Boss Tuner
Morley Tremonti Wah

"From My Rotting Body, Flowers Shall Grow, And I Am In Them, And That Is Eternity"
Quote by Rhythm__Guitar
Wow, you just completly ruinied my plans. Although I suppose I should thank you, there would be nothing worse then getting there and realising I can't hire a car. Maybe I just spend a month or so in Vegas. That's the place I was most looking foward too. And I'll see how many drunk chicks I can bang in that time.
yea sorry man, but you can still get around some without a car if you can swing plane tickets/buses. with the gas prices nowadays it might be the same anyway. try and check out new york, its our best city. also, then youre in new england, close to boston and washington if you want to see more diverse cities.

have a good trip
I have no opinion on this matter.