for alot of the music that i play (more like, want to play), right hand strength is an essential, for playing alot of complex rhythms (eighth notes with gallops thrown in every once in a while)

now i can play these somewhat, but after a few bars of this, often at very fast bpm, my hand/arm gets worn out, and i just cant play anymore.

ive found that if i play these riffs, over and over, i feel a burning in my arm, is this muscle growth? or something bad? and what else can i do to develop my endurance?
playing shouldn't hurt you, tire you maybe but definitely not hurt
but you've probably heard THAT before!

I get that burning feeling as well, that normal, you get that doing sport/exercise as well
just make sure it doesn't hurt, if it does you need to change your strumming style

EDIT: practice=endurance (didn't see that coming!)
its not so much hurting as it is burning, if anyone here lifts weights, its pretty much the same feeling.
Quote by Guitar x Dude 7
its not so much hurting as it is burning, if anyone here lifts weights, its pretty much the same feeling.

That's also the same way it stops burning. Just keep doing it.

And me editorializing: Eighth notes with galloping!? Sounds like generic metalcore in Drop C to me
ha, you have it right.

i shall master this technique, and then move on to solos...hopefully... haha
Quote by Avedas
At least you don't call them "triplets"...

hehe thats what so many people think of it as triplets when in fact they are just 16ths with every 4th note pasued! a common mistake made by beginers
Galloping you say?!
Obligatory Iron Maiden post.
Seriously, it's amazing for your endurance.
"2,000,000 NPS Whores" club.
Appreciating the beauty of music so fast it blows puny mortal's faces off.
Bow down to teh Shredzor!
PM La Qotsa if you want to join. No emotion? Pah!
Quote by torturer6067
hehe thats what so many people think of it as triplets when in fact they are just 16ths with every 4th note pasued! a common mistake made by beginers

ive always looked at them as two 16th's and an eighth note.

so i take it what im doing is good? and i should keep doing it?
Quote by Guitar x Dude 7
ive always looked at them as two 16th's and an eighth note.

so i take it what im doing is good? and i should keep doing it?

It can be either, the rest gives a more staccato feel where the 8th sounds less...jerky, for want of a better word.

And yes, keep practicing until you can't play any more then shake it out and do it again
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Jk3y
playing shouldn't hurt you, tire you maybe but definitely not hurt
but you've probably heard THAT before!

I get that burning feeling as well, that normal, you get that doing sport/exercise as well
just make sure it doesn't hurt, if it does you need to change your strumming style

EDIT: practice=endurance (didn't see that coming!)

NO! BAD! HALT!

Never heard of RSI?? Because if you carry on when you get the burning sensation, it won't be long until you have it. Then you won't be able to play properly for a good while. Just stop when you feel that for about 5 minutes then come back, that's what I do until I get warmed up and the burning dosen't come back. You should not feel pain when playing guitar, if you do, stop.

no burning, no hurting. no nothing. fatigue is normal after an hour or so for people who are getting into playing a lot but honestly it should never ever EVER hurt.
like a said, its not pain. its burning.

and its not like im playing for an hour, i have trouble making it through some songs. with a rythm like that somewhere in the verse. ha.
^ you seem to miss the point, it shouldnt be "burning" either, i can play pretty quick for an hour or 2 straight with no problems. if you're playing without tension or minimal tension you should be able too as well.
Quote by Guitar x Dude 7
like a said, its not pain. its burning.

and its not like im playing for an hour, i have trouble making it through some songs. with a rythm like that somewhere in the verse. ha.

And like I said, burning=RSI developing, RSI= bye bye guitar for a good while.
Be very careful!

I am currently undertaking physio and on very strong pain killers for tendonitis in my right elbow joint. Over do it just slightly and ping the tendon gets a little tear and agony ensues.

I've dropped from 6-7hrs a day playing to maybe 1 hr tops and that is what i have to do work wise, the Dr insists I rest completely and don't play at all.

Be careful!
You should NEVER feel pain. If you feel pain stop playing.
Fatigue or muscle 'burning' is fine. Tendons 'burning' is bad. If you're unsure which is which, stop playing - better safe than sorry.

To develop right hand strength: play everything you know using only up strokes. On the average guitarist the muscles that do upstrokes are undeveloped; training them will give you strength and speed.