I was wonder if intonation and stuff would be ok if i put a standard 24 fret neck on a standard strat shape guitar (if i did this i would do it as cheap as possible (ebay)My friend says you usually measure from 12th fret to the bridge for it to work.So coz i am a noob do you know if this would work?
As long as its the same scale length. Strats and copies of them are usually 25.5in from nut to bridge, so you would need a 25.5in scale neck. Also i dont know if the fretboard might interfere with the neck pickup
I'm pretty sure you could....you can adjust the intonation on most electric guitars, namely a strat, so it doesn't have to be the same scale length as the original neck. I don't believe there would be any obstruction of the neck pickup, but who the **** knows, I'm not a pro guitar tech.
Last edited by david_highland at Mar 31, 2008,
Yeah if you want to keep the neck pickup, you'll have to get a new blank pickguard and make a new hole for the pickup, closer to the bridge, otherwise it'll get in the way of the neck.

And yeah make sure it's a 25.5" scale neck, the bridge position is made for that scale so you'd be going out on a limb if you'd think some fiddling with the saddles would make up for a scale change (after all, we're talking about entire inches of difference).

And like groovey said, you might not be able to rach those extra frets very easily with the strat cutaway. But you could shave off some wood on the cutaway, Steve Vai did this on his green strat.
Yeah, but wasnt Vai's Green Meanie a 22 fretter? Maybe I'm just tired...but i think thats the case
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
Yeah, but wasnt Vai's Green Meanie a 22 fretter? Maybe I'm just tired...but i think thats the case

Fully possible, but it was the actual shaving of the wood that I was referring to.