YCV15 blue.
Spec sheet says it has master volume, but picture/manual show no knob for a master.
http://www.traynoramps.com/products.asp?type=10&cat=62&id=359

the ycv50 has a separate ctrl for master volume that I can SEE in the pic, distinct from the volume ctrls in each channel.
what gives?

Do I fundamentaly misunderstand what a master volume is? Also, both amps claim to have effects loop volume, but I don't see a control in the pictures.

You guys who've PLAYED on either of these - where is the effects loop volume ctrl? do they have 1?
Does the ycv15 have a master?

BOTH spec sheets have asterisks at the bottom w/ the disclaimer "Specifications subject to change without notice" although I don't know how the specs on a discontinued amp can change while the pics they post remain the same.

any help is apprctd - thx.
Thanks for the reply - stangconv do you own either amp?

From the link in the original post there are 3 sections, the M. Vol claim is in the last section:

Blurb, several paragraphs: "Made famous ... value of this amp."
Features: bulleted list in orange font
Specifications - two columns of info, many rows:
"Amp type .... Class A"
"Master Volume Control ... Yes"

So the claim is there in Traynor's lit. I hope someone who owns a 15 can help out here on how to ctrl the master. I know that this amp also has a single master EQ for both channels, is it possible that 1 of the volume knobs is a master & one of the channels lacks its own volume? Or is the mystery Master pot hidden under the dashboard in the back somewhere
I have the YCV50blue

I think that it is a typo... to me it doesnt have a master volume. It probally has one volume for both channel which is technicall a master I guess. However my 50 has 3 volume control total 1 for each channel and a Master.

Email them and ask. They are very good and get back to you pretty quick.

IF you emailed right now you would have an answer by tomorrow.

And my 50 doesnt have an effects loop volume.
I've emailed now - lets see how long Traynor takes to get back
also, does anyone know if the 15 uses negative feedback? I still don't have an answer about the Master Volume
Traynor got back to me (w/in about 24 hrs):

"It looks like, in our haste to get info onto the site for that special-order product two years ago, we made a few errors. Sorry for the confusion. I'll see if we can get the site updated."

SO, if a Master Volume on a 15W amp is absolutely necessary for you (in addition to the gain+vol on each channel) then look elsewhere or consider that you will have to buy extra equipment or do mods for the YCV15 Blue.
they make a 15w version??? i need to find one of these now
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by Bostonrocks
they make a 15w version??? i need to find one of these now

*MADE* a 15W blue - a few hundred from what other posters have written, but i've never seen a real # from traynor or a list of serials. so you will most likely have to find them on the interwebs if/when they are posted. I htink a few Long & Mcquades will have the occasional 1 that didn't sell in Canada. if you email them they will let you know which stores have them if any
ohhhhhhh *sniffle*
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era