Alright, because I'm a f*ck up, I didn't buy strap locks for my new Epi. Of course, it slipped and the headstock didn't quite break off, but it's hanging on by a thread. It splintered a little down the backside of the neck as well.

I'm just guessing that to get it fixed right will cost around $250-$300.

My question is, what kind of money will a broken Epiphone Les Paul Standard (lefty) get on eBay or something like that? Is it worth it to put it up and hope for around $200 or more?

Or would I be better off just taking it to someone to get it fixed?
can't you just buy a new neck? aren't those bolt-ons?
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
No, they're one-piece.

And as unsure as I am about fixing it, I know I don't want to turn it into a bolt-on.
is it bone stock? the tops of them are a giant sticker, the stock electronics aren't that swell, and the hardware off of them is metric, so only other ephiphones will actually be able to use it. It's not worth much at all. Did you upgrade the pickups? You may get more money out of those than the broken guitar itself.

I'm only saying all of this because I too own one, and after many hours modifying it, I couldn't see mine worth anything more than the retail of the pickups I put in 'em + the $15 knobs I got from Gibson.
Brotherhood of Vox Group Member #30
'08 Fender American Standard Strat
'07 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Honeyburst w/Gibson 498T &490R
'06 Ibanez Artcore Archtop

Vox Valvetronix AD100VTH w/Blue 4x12" Vox Cab
Vox AD30VT
Yeah, it's all stock. I did see an Epiphone Les Paul 100 on ebay that had a broken headstock and it was going for $100, so I figure for a Standard I can get at least $200, but I'm not sure.
Hmm..... he's right, Epi LPs have a set neck. Never would have thought....
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
yeah was weird cause she liked us both but she loved him and for some reason she let me know beforehand.

i just wanted her poon and she wanted me to have her poon.

so i had myself some poon.
A while back, my Epiphone Les Paul fell down (dog hit it), and the head broke off. I got it fixed though by a local luthier, and it's seriously as good as new. You can only tell where it was fixed because he painted it black there, rather than the red stain it is stock. I actually quite like the effect.

Anyway, if you really loved your guitar like I did/do, I'd say spend the money and get it fixed. But if there was something you didn't really like about it, then I'd get a new quitar.
Get it repaired.
If it's done right, it'll be stronger that what it was like before.

The Luthier I go to has had an LP back 3 times with a broken neck and headstock.

Just shows how some people can be caring for there gear.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by gimphockey56
Yeah, it's all stock. I did see an Epiphone Les Paul 100 on ebay that had a broken headstock and it was going for $100, so I figure for a Standard I can get at least $200, but I'm not sure.

Yeah, but the LP 100 has a bolt-on, which would mean it would be easier to fix, so if both have a broken neck, I think relative to the original value the LP 100 would still be worth more.

Oh, and there's a tutorial on project guitar about repairing cracked necks/headstocks:
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/crack.htm
SX Stratocaster
Fina Acoustic
J&D Telecaster
Yamaha ERB 300 (Bass)

Digitech Bad Monkey
VisualSound H2O
Ibanez TL5
Boss DS-1
Vox V847

Kustom Dart 10FX
Laney RB1
Quote by standardowl
A while back, my Epiphone Les Paul fell down (dog hit it), and the head broke off. I got it fixed though by a local luthier, and it's seriously as good as new. You can only tell where it was fixed because he painted it black there, rather than the red stain it is stock. I actually quite like the effect.

Anyway, if you really loved your guitar like I did/do, I'd say spend the money and get it fixed. But if there was something you didn't really like about it, then I'd get a new quitar.

well, the real b*tch about this whole thing is I only had the f*cking thing for 2 weeks.
If its still attached just ram some wood glue down the crack, clamp it up then leave it to dry. So long as eveything lines up it'll be fine. Just sand the finish back around the break then just laquer over it. If you want it doing properly its not worth it to be honest. Depending on how bad it is it may be cheaper just to buy a new epiphone.