Page 1 of 2
I'm on a quest! (if you can call it that)
To find the greatest value for your money guitars.

Post what YOU think of the best value for your money guitars. This means guitars that are 'Flexible' , able to play basically every genre of music to a good standard.

Guitars should be under at least $1000

I'll update this every week if i can to show you the best Bang for your Buck.

The best value for money guitar so far: Nuthin yet
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
a lot of cort guitars feel pretty good. Ibanez S series seems, in my eyes, the best bang for your buck guitar.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
the gibson faded line.
nothing by ibanez or schecter.

i am flame proof
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
thanks man, personally though, cort's feel good but don't sound the best. Remember Price limit is $1000. I want to see someone put a ESP ltd in here.

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Epiphone Les Paul 100. Only about £150 ($300) and are absolutely fantastic. Work for anything and they're so easy to play. Pickups are pretty good but are a bit muddy sometimes, so got some new pickups £100 for mine. They're brilliant though, and you could get another 2 as well
Jackson Dinky

sweet guitars and well priced IMO.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Ibanez S520EX
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
Quote by Ravenwoods
Who else F**king hates it when people say bang for buck?

+1

agile guitars sound and play great and are not to expensive, I like the les paul-style on with emgs best
Thank God I'm not a Stereotype.

Quote by ANTHRAX†
When in doubt, whip it out.

Quote by Guitar_picker36
...im a girl i dont know how to upload pictures and stuff.

As much as I dislike Gibson, I am a fan of the Faded V and was very pleased to hear how little it cost. My Ibanez S470 is pretty good quality and only cost about £400. Also, Fender MIM strats are variable but are generally pretty nice and cheap too..
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
ESP LTD 400/500 series.

Ibanez S series.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Schecter, anyone? Great value, but some might profit from a pickup change (which you can afford with the change from 1000$ after buying the guitar)

Jackson Pro series and LTD 400 series are great, as mentioned.

Cort guitars, although often viewed as beginner's instruments, are actually great quality and offer guitars in all price ranges.

Hagstrom, perhaps? They're made in china, but they're very well built, and feel and sound great, especially if you like vintage-flavoured rock.

Say what you want about Fender, but the Mexican Standard Strat is very good value.
i played the esp ltd tm-600 ($1000), and it had sooo much sustain for having a ofr, dont think it should be priced at 1k tho. iv never heard of hagstrom, id like to play one, one day.
Gear?!

Fender Champion 600

Weeping Demon Wah
Metal Muff
Blues Driver

Member 6 of the CARVIN CLUB!!

Ibanez S320 Budget:
0/500usd
AGILE AGILE AGILE ! Look at these beasts of guitars for $700, and Kurt at rondomusic is so awesome that he even customized my agile PS-4000 (which will be here soon...) to your specifications! (they can't do everything but they have a lot of choice if you email) Tribal green maple top... trapezoid inlays... wilkinson tremolo... delicious

http://www.rondomusic.com/product855.html

http://www.rondomusic.com/product930.html

This is similar to what I will be getting (not that exact guitar)

http://www.agileguitarforum.com/gallery.php?action=viewimage&iid=481&cid=1
ESP/LTD series, Schecter Diamond Series guitars, Jackson Pro series, and surprisingly, an Epi Sheraton II is pretty damn nasty (could do smooth jazzy stuff to metallica with a Peavey Classic, so add a gainier amp, and stuff some t-shirts in the sound hole to kill some of the latent feedback, and it'd be pretty killer).
in order:

Fender Mexican and Highway 1 series
Jacskon Pro Series
ESP LTD 400/500 are pretty good
Ibanez SZ series.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Jackson Pro/MG series, fender Standard/Highway one, Ibanez S series/RG321 or up.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
alexlemon2, those guitars looks pretty sweet, show us somewhere where we can get a proper review on them?. RG_FANMAN nice to see you go with the ESP's!

Thanks guys i still want some more though.

Oh yes, why didn't i think of Carvin?!

I got a bolt model (strat) for liek £590.
Wilkinson trem, Carvin pickups, alder body, Emerald Green burst finish, great tuners.
The case added abotu £40 onto it so about £550 for an american made "custom" strat.
For a machien made strat from fender (american) it's liek nearly £700-£900.

Also I've priced up some other guitars on their site (I get bored and GASsy) and like $1300 for something that's got GREAT stuff and that's like. . .just under £700.

Also I have to say Fender (though I slightly bashed them up there, I still love them ) they have great value. The Mexicans are pretty much beginner-intermidiate guitar price and with a few touch ups can sound as good as american, the highway ones are very nice also and the americans. A black and white (usually turns me away from strats, unless it's white body black pickguard ) maple necked (at the time I was more into rosewood too) american strat made me fall in love with them, that's how good it was!
Also it was about £700 which is pretty good for such a guitar.
You definately get your money's worth.
Keep going!

Pretty much anything Schecter makes.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
well no, i reckon they look alright and they've got the stuff, but they sound a bit.........off. like milk thats almost out of date.

Anyways, i'm asking, do these 'Carvin' guitars come with floyd rose?

Quote by godofshred
ibanez prestige with a pickup change utterly own

Aren't those mostly above $1000?

Anyway, I'm biased but I honestly think that the Ibanez S series is a great guitar for a huge value. One the the best floating tremolo systems, locking nut, HSH pickups, mahogany body, awesome Ibanez neck. Great for any metal or rock! It can do just about anything though. About $650

Another great value guitar for your money is the Mexican stratocaster. Only $400. I played one in the store and it was great!

Get those two guitars and you can get pretty much any sound you want.
I've been experimenting with the sounds I can get with my Ibanez S470, and it can do just about anything, except it can't get that strat sound...
Gear:
-Ibanez S470 DXQM (Blue)
-Roland Cube 30X
Last edited by Jumboshrmp at Apr 1, 2008,
hmmm, without a doubt for rock/metal ltd 1,000's are the best. ec, viper, m, h, whatever, they seem to just beat everything else in the race..........
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
Quote by Ravenwoods
Who else F**king hates it when people say bang for buck?
Let's create a new one... "Crash for cash"?.. "Honey for Money"?
Schecter all the way.

nice guitar with a pickup change can be like $700 USD
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
i need at least three pages before i can make one guitar the best value for!

Quote by SG310user
well no, i reckon they look alright and they've got the stuff, but they sound a bit.........off. like milk thats almost out of date.

Anyways, i'm asking, do these 'Carvin' guitars come with floyd rose?

If you choose that yours has one yes
ltd v-500.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
PRS SE Custom, and Fender Strat with a Humbucker in the bridge.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Page 1 of 2