Hey, im thinking about buying an online game, like guild wars or something, and was wondering how much of my monthly download limit these games use while your playing them. Can anyone give me a rough idea?
Hello
you have a limited download?

im not sure how much it would take up, if youre worried about using up your monthly download i wouldnt get one (unless your limit is MASSIVE), because guild wars will take over your life.
Quote by sargasm
I like to draw pictures of penises everywhere.

It makes me feel like a big man.

Proud owner of a fender deluxe player's strat - honey blonde/maple neck Here it is

Member of the Stratocaster Lovers Group
first i suggest you try before you buy

i bought guild wars for 10 bucks i hated it

bought wow still play it

but im more of a call of duty person
Quote by andrew.tran
first i suggest you try before you buy

i bought guild wars for 10 bucks i hated it

bought wow still play it

but im more of a call of duty person

Hell yeah! That game rocks, aswell as RSV2
United as One, Divided by Zero
Quote by dudeman_andy
you have a limited download?

im not sure how much it would take up, if youre worried about using up your monthly download i wouldnt get one (unless your limit is MASSIVE), because guild wars will take over your life.

Yeah

Im thinking of getting Pirates of the Burning Sea, looks cool to me...

But yeah, we used to have unlimited, but it was really slow, so now we have a 12 gig cap per month, and is about 4 times faster then before, and after that it slows down to 64 kb/s....
Hello
Quote by Jaxoo
Yeah

But yeah, we used to have unlimited, but it was really slow, so now we have a 12 gig cap per month, and is about 4 times faster then before, and after that it slows down to 64 kb/s....

Jesus Christ!? How on earth do you survive with that?
United as One, Divided by Zero
Quote by Jaxoo
Yeah

You sir are with Bigpond, no?

If yes, I am too but on th 24gb contract

If not, I'm an idiot

Point is, Guild Wars is boring, WoW will most likely suck out your soul.

Just find a used Sega Megadrive and hit up Sonic, cheap and enjoyable (like a good hooker)
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
A word of advice: Don't.

You're just wasting time and money, when you could be doing other things, and eventually you'll get bored and quit. Save your money and your time.
Its hard. Only had it for about 10 days and ive managed to only download about 9 gig it gets hard to keep track sometimes when you arent directly downloading things. I watched about an hour and a half of ross noble, and realised i had downloaded about 700mb... Oh, and uploads count for it too, i never use bittorrent anymore, cause it uses way to much from uploading i dont like it....

Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
A word of advice: Don't.

You're just wasting time and money, when you could be doing other things, and eventually you'll get bored and quit. Save your money and your time.

Yeah, but the CD is free, and only like 65 dollars for 6 months. I could go and buy a game like Crysis for 80 or 90 dollars, and only play for a few weeks then never again. Which is what happens with most games i buy. Im not doing anything at all useful with my time at the moment, so might as well play a game.
Hello
Last edited by Jaxoo at Mar 31, 2008,
PoTBS is terrible, i played the beta, don't get it.

Graphics are really really bad, and questlines = zzzzzzz.

Just get WoW and get it over and done with, theres really no other MMO's that live up to WoW's standards.

And it doesn't chew up your monthly download limit like you think. It only uses like 500mb a month i'd say, although i never actively tracked it, I do know i never went over my 18gb download limit though.

Also, quick note : WoW will ruin your social life, just warning you ahead of time.
Quote by charvel_man
"My lovely lady lumps"
What the **** are lady lumps? What does she have, breast cancer?

Bacchus basses FTW!
www.japanvintageguitars.com
start playing Travian and get hooked! beleive me its a game that actualy makes fun! speed servers are insane!