Hey y'all

Here's the case:
I really really want to buy electric guitar, but I'm kinda lost when it comes to choosing which one?

I'm willing to spend around $500, and I'd like to be able to play alternative rock and indie.

What would you recommend...?
well for starters what country r u from us in australia u couldn't buy a decent guitar, but i am not sure about any other country...
epiphone les pauls are good for that. or you could get a cheap dean. a baby from hell or something. it really depends what you're looking for, sound or looks?
Well if you're looking for Indie and rock theres nothing better than a Telecaster. You might have to go Squier with that much, but I think you could get a Mexican fender if you're lucky?

Who knows.
Quote by Vindication
sorry, but were you born a dumbass or did your mom n' dad take turns bashing your head with cinderblocks?

Quote by Gemini
You know that if you image search "pitbulls humping", all that comes up is a myspace a guy made for their dog?

I didn't actually..
Quote by HammettHead
Well if you're looking for Indie and rock theres nothing better than a Telecaster. You might have to go Squier with that much, but I think you could get a Mexican fender if you're lucky?

Who knows.

I second that...if its indie you like...epi would do well too I think.
Jackson KV2 USA Snow White/Black Bevels
Get something you can work with but that has a reliable name like a Epi G-400 or a standard Les Paul or the Tele no a bad idea you would have left over cash to mod it. But really go to Guitar Center and try some out go for something you like rather than what we tell you.
Actuallly I was able to find a mexican fender strat which I think is really nice. It costs $600 is that a good buy....?
Quote by auvkatten
Actuallly I was able to find a mexican fender strat which I think is really nice. It costs $600 is that a good buy....?

Not sure where everyone lives but here in Nor Cal, MIMs cost about 300 bucks, used.
Quote by burrit0
Pshh, Christians rebel against evil.

-Gibson Les Paul Custom -
-Random acoustic guitar that's 36 years old -
-Epiphone Dot Deluxe -
-Gibson Les Paul Studio -
-Epiphone PR200E -