so im not the expert on amps so im woundering what are some good combo tube amps for around $1000. Brands/models ...etc thanks.l
What kinds of music would you be playing and will you be using it for gigging or just home practice?
Quote by Denthúl
What kinds of music would you be playing and will you be using it for gigging or just home practice?

just home prac and for metalcore/grind
if you're just looking for something to play at home, you can find a small tube combo that's good for that stuff for a much smaller price.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by lazlow325i
if you're just looking for something to play at home, you can find a small tube combo that's good for that stuff for a much smaller price.

it would be nice to get a half stack too but can i pick a decent one up for around $1200 and any suggestions on which brands to start looking at
Quote by choke on you
just home prac and for metalcore/grind

There aren't as many lower-wattage metal amps as there are others. You could get a Randall RG50TC or B-52 AT112 for much less than $1,000 however they can get quite loud. If I were you, I wouldn't spend $1,000 on an amp solely for practice.
Quote by Denthúl
There aren't as many lower-wattage metal amps as there are others. You could get a Randall RG50TC or B-52 AT112 for much less than $1,000 however they can get quite loud. If I were you, I wouldn't spend $1,000 on an amp solely for practice.

just stick with a good combo then ay
I hear that... Tremelo? Wheres reverb?

But there is a power soak and effects loop. Pretty handy for a practice amp, and you could still get some decent gain out of it.
True. But I think it would be better value to buy something a bit, uh...more feature-y. I mean, the RG50TC is only $50 more, has a proper EQ, reverb, effects loop and could be put to gigging use in the future. And since a lot of heavier styles use mostly pre-amp gain, there'd be no need to turn it up to get a good metalish sound.

To me, practice amp would come in the $250-300 range, not $500
Ive never played the randall, but it doesnt really come off to me as one of the most tone rich amps in the world.

What do i know.

But if TS can afford it he should go for it. I wouldnt say no.
It's got more than you would imagine. For a budget metal amp, it has nice cleans and distortion. It can even do mid-gain tones decently. Probably wouldn't sound too good with your Jag, mind...