Page 1 of 2
Black Funeral is quite easily the best black metal band there ever was/is/will be. Believe me, this is a very, very well researched statement on my part. There is an atmosphere that pervades Michael Ford's music, no matter what style he takes on, that no other band can create. Black Funeral is everything that black metal was ever meant to be.

The main theme is vampyrism, or as Michael Ford puts it in the liner notes of "Vampyr - Throne of the Beast": "...based on the sinister side of the European/Eurodescended Psyche." He wrote in the same statement (in 1998), that "the music on this album is also a prototype... and later the departure of Black Funeral's use of the musical medium of black metal". Black Funeral played black metal up until Moon Of Characith, which was an ambient album, then released Belial Arisen, another black metal album and then the following two (Az-I-Dahak and Ordog) were... very hard to classify. Michael Ford has returned to black metal with his latest offering, Waters Of Weeping. I doubt that many of you will like ambient music, but even if you don't you should really have a look into Moon of Characith - it is great.

Anyway, I was surprised to find that they have a myspace. They are also on Metal Archives and have an official website. Anyway, look into this stuff, it is some of the best music you will ever hear.
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk
Black Funeral is quite easily the best black metal band there ever was/is/will be.

Oh dear.

They're OK, but I'm no black metal fan, so hey. But (as ever) there's no way to say any band is better than another, no matter how much 'research' you do.
That's your opinion. Seems to me you got into Black Funeral about 3 hours ago and have done nothing but look them up on Wikipedia, then posted your findings here.
RULE BRITANNIA
Last edited by cobain_is_king at Mar 31, 2008,
I'm not a fan, to be honest.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
I thought first that this was about Dark Funeral who are horrible

might check this band out though
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

The best black metal band ever has a myspace?

olololololololololololololololololololololololololol

you know what my roflcopter does it goes;

soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soisoi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Quote by greety
The best black metal band ever has a myspace?

olololololololololololololololololololololololololol

you know what my roflcopter does it goes;

soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soisoi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi soi

Lol, you're right. And that was REALLY mediocre, doesn't even have the right atmosphere... They're trying way to hard to sound "tr00".
Last edited by Mind Kill at Mar 31, 2008,
The drum machine is incredibly annoying, Black Funeral are not bad though, worth a listen.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Lol, their myspace makes me laugh.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by ..NEM..
Lol, their myspace makes me laugh.

why? seems as much of a gimmick as pretty much every other bands myspace oh well
dont really care for the band, its quite funny how no one says **** when people say Maiden/Wintersun are the best bands ever
Probably because Maiden and Wintersun don't go writing stuff like this:

Members:
Akhtya Nachttoter (Michael W. Ford)
-Vocals, Lyrics - Apocalyptic Soundscapes, machinery, human skull drum and kangling.

Marchozelos -
Guitar, Bass and Drumming, Spells of Darkness...

Influences:
Apocalyptic Black Metal awakened in an Industrial Deathlike Age – Warlike hymns to devour the Spirit of God! Industrial deathlike battery, aggression in music, Satanic ideology, Vampyrism as a Predatory Religion, Ahrimanic (Persian black magic) Sorcery – Yatuk Dinoih, Vlad Draculae - Tepes - History of warfare in Europe, mental lycanthropy, the Medieval Grimoire Tradition, War, both medieval and modern…

"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

An Abstract Illusion
you see alot of bands with similar gimmicks like uh "6 string pubic hair lacerations" O_o and the such lol, both corny within their genre-realms :P

but haha spells of darkness -twitches- that is pretty bad
Quote by NosferatuZodd09
you see alot of bands with similar gimmicks like uh "6 string pubic hair lacerations" O_o and the such lol, both corny within their genre-realms :P

but haha spells of darkness -twitches- that is pretty bad

Don't really like those gimmicks.

Like some death metal-bands need to be as br00tal as possible.

An Abstract Illusion
so, how exactly do you go about researching who the best band is?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I finally gave it a listen and...

meh
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

home state: Texas

wow..
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Quote by The Evil Hat

Ignoring people who disagree with you.

Quote by NosferatuZodd09

Most bands (Meshuggah for example) do it to be funny. These guys are doing it to try to be tr00, gr1m, kvlt etc, and it's ridiculous.

Notes from the Nothing re(release (Meshuggah):

Meshuggah are made up of 5 different frequency/energy clusters, (see: physical entities). To make things easy, these entities were given typical earth-names and they are as follows:

Fredrik Thordendal
Marten Hagstrom
Tomas Haake
Jens Kidman
Dick Lovgren
soi soi soi
Behave, Greety. Otherwise I'll get Petrucci to come over there and murder you.

As I'm friends with him/a fake on Facebook. Yeah.
Quote by webbtje

The fake one are the most dangerous. Either way, Greety will soon be no more.

An Abstract Illusion
It all depends on what album you listened to. Albums like Belial Arisen, Az-I-Dahak and Ordog are far harder to get into than Empire Of Blood and Vampyr, and they are completely different styles too. So listen to Vampyr or Empire Of Blood before you go saying stuff about how they are trying too hard to be grim, have no atmosphere etc.

Quote by cobain_is_king
That's your opinion. Seems to me you got into Black Funeral about 3 hours ago and have done nothing but look them up on Wikipedia, then posted your findings here.

actually, i bought Vampyr - Throne Of The Beast in early 2005 and that was when i got into them. greety can attest to this, seeing as i reviewed that album on the Underworld back around that time
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Quote by ..NEM..

if you're going to get into black metal, you have to ignore the gimmicks. otherwise you wont have anything to listen to

Quote by The Evil Hat

by listening to 2000+ black metal demos/albums/eps/splits from every country and style

as impressive that is that doesnt make this any less of an opinion. still, your fanaticism was enough to convince me to try them out. ill tell you guys what i think once it downloads and i hear it. and no, im not very 'kvlt' at all. i listen to some BM, but mostly Mayhem, Watain and similar stuff to that.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
but what are you downloading? seeing as you don't listen to much black metal i doubt you'll like belial arisen or anything after (except for maybe their latest - waters of weeping). so id recommend for you (and anyone else who isnt very heavily into black metal) to get vampyr, empire of blood, waters of weeping

im getting vampyr, waters of weeping, and empire of blood. im generally not too much of a fan of industrial/ extreme black metal so i figured id start with the more acsesable stuff and if i like it go from there.
those three are pretty straight up black metal, waters of weeping has a bit of an industrial sound though. judging from the replies in this thread, id imagine most people went and listened to ordog or az-i-dahak. anyway, you should like it

Quote by MHDrunk
actually, i bought Vampyr - Throne Of The Beast in early 2005 and that was when i got into them. greety can attest to this, seeing as i reviewed that album on the Underworld back around that time

Yes, he did.
Quote by webbtje

Met him
He hates you.
Quote by greety
Yes, he did.

that must mean... they are the greatest black metal band.. EVER!
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Meh, I've listened to quite many songs by them now and they're still quite mediocre... Some songs are better than others though.
they finally downloaded, and of course, my torrent had an error and downloaded all but the first 3 songs of vampyr with some retarded format that my computer is totally lost with. still, they sound good so far. a bit 'kvlt', but the riffs are easy to make out and the singing vocals cool.
Quote by MHDrunk
if you're going to get into black metal, you have to ignore the gimmicks. otherwise you wont have anything to listen to

I know? I'm not that shallow.

An Abstract Illusion
I've heard of them, but I never bothered to listen to that much of their stuff, perhaps I'll go back and give them a chance.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by ..NEM..
I know? I'm not that shallow.

then why say this:

black funeral is no more gimmicky than any other bands. go listen to something like der sturmer or the lln, and then comeback and say that black funeral is gimmicky

i've been listening to Vampyr quite a bit lately, it's a damn good black metal album
Page 1 of 2