i want to ask what shred pick pickup that would be best for a blck gibson les paul classic im considering on getting the zw emg set but i read somewhere that in rare cases u have to carve a battery compartment if it wont fit.
if you want to see the guitar here is a link to it http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Classic-Electric-Guitar?sku=512001
its the black with nickel hardware
EMG 81 = solos sound like cats being strangled.

Look into DiMarzio's, maybe the D-Sonic or D-Activators if you want high output. The majority of big-league shredders use DiMarzio's so if that's what you're after then you should try them out.
Well it depends what you're looking for.
Shred isn't a genre or tone.
You can't define what you mean by shred cos there is such diversity in the tones different "shredders" get.

Though look into DiMarzio and Seymour Duncan.
Quote by Aziraphale
EMG 81 = solos sound like cats being strangled.

Look into DiMarzio's, maybe the D-Sonic or D-Activators if you want high output. The majority of big-league shredders use DiMarzio's so if that's what you're after then you should try them out.

+ 1000000. Unless you want to come out sounding like Slipknot or Zakk Wylde, I'd stay away from EMGs. Dimarzios are very good, as are Seymour Duncans. I think SD do a Screaming Demon or something, thats good for shred and metal.
i didnt know that the color of a guitar would affect the type of pickup one would recommend.
Quote by noisefarmer
i didnt know that the color of a guitar would affect the type of pickup one would recommend.

Hello
hmm id say probably emg-81 for the most part but it depends on the tone you want. '57 classic would also be good for low gain solos on the neck pickup ('57 classic plus will work just as well) and a 500T for the bridge