Do u need to be uber good to play them? Whats the advantage? Do you need to learn different things to play em?
the 7th string is a low b i believe that (mostly) metal and nu-metal guitarists use to get a very deep sound to their power chords etc. Never played one, but i don't see why it would be too much harder, i mean i guess certain chords would be harder to play and what not
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Uber good to play them? Well you'd need some decent amount of skill to do it...

Advantage? You have an extra octave (is that right?) to play on

Different things? Just need to get used to the width of the neck and playing cleanly with SEVEN strings.
Quote by BucketHayden
Do u need to be uber good to play them? Whats the advantage? Do you need to learn different things to play em?

1. No. for example, KoRn plays sevenstrings, they are terrible. It's not any harder to play a 7 then it is a 6.

2. More notes in one position on the neck. More notes on the guitar overall..

3. You don't HAVE to... the highest 6 strings are the same as a 6 string guitar so you can play everything you already know on a 6. You might want to learn some 7 string songs though... You also could learn how to incorporate the low B into chords/scales you already know as well..
Nah I doubt it, I personally haven't played one but I'm pretty sure once you get used to the neck that it's just an extra low string.
We are "PSYCHONAUT", Psychedelic/Stoner/Sludge from Belgium.

Check out our recordings and shows here:

BandCamp
YouTube
FaceBook