Im thinking that im definately getting a Drop Sonic in the bridge
and for the neck im thinking maybe a dimebucker or a invader
PLEASE ADVISE
i need a very good Deathmetal/Shreding Tone
Examples = Lamb of god , Pantera , ect.
I need the most brutal distortion accesable from passves
I wouldn't suggest the Dimebucker or Invader pickups in the neck. Clips of the Invader don't sound great and, having played a guitar with a Dimebucker, I can say that it's not exactly a nice, characterful pickup. Maybe something like an Air Norton in the neck would be better. It'd be good for lead sort of sounds, whilst the Drop Sonic would cover your heavy rythm playing.

What kind of amp do you play through?
I play Through a Crate GTD120
I have everything pretty much pedaled though
I only use it for its reverb
It has a nice tonethe way i set it out its just i want to improve the pickups
here is my settup pretty much

IBANEZ RG2EX1
NS-2
Deathmeal Digitech
CE-5
Im buying an MXR 10 band possibly
WD-6 wah
DD-6
To be honest, you would be better off with a better amp. Spending $50+ per pickup to play through something that won't let their full tone shine through is a little wasteful. With a better amp, you'll find that the sound is much nicer and you probably won't have to upgrade the stock pickups.
Well the problem is i dont have enough for a randall or any good metal amps
and as anyonewith ears i despize the solid state marshalls
And if i get an amp its gotta be 120 or i cant play it live considering im use t the size and volume

For a randall id need to **** out 500$ for a good 120
but yeah ive got 300$
i cant even afford my current amp woth that
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']i need a very good Deathmetal/Shreding Tone
Examples = Lamb of god , Pantera , ect.

....NOT death metal
[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Well the problem is i dont have enough for a randall or any good metal amps
And if i get an amp its gotta be 120 or i cant play it live considering im use t the size and volume

but yeah ive got 300$

You don't need 120 watts. A 50 watt valve amp is more than you would need, but that would cost more than you currently have. Still, my advice is just to save another $250 and get the Randall RG50TC. Loud, plenty of gain and a very nice metal tone. It would be a much better way to go than spending your $300 on pickups but not getting a big enough tonal difference in return.
Quote by Bastard Son
....NOT death metal

ow but i was just pointing out some tones i enjoy

I also listen to At the gaTES, suicide silence , Mushuggah , Death , kALMUH
theres more i could list but u get the idea
Quote by Denthúl
You don't need 120 watts. A 50 watt valve amp is more than you would need, but that would cost more than you currently have. Still, my advice is just to save another $250 and get the Randall RG50TC. Loud, plenty of gain and a very nice metal tone. It would be a much better way to go than spending your $300 on pickups but not getting a big enough tonal difference in return.

The only reason for the 120 is im so used to the power
and i cant afford a valve or the time to manage the tubes and ecetra
i know that solid states are more hated uppon than your sisters rosey red **** in ultimate guitar but yeah im looking at pickups or some new pedals
Thing is, the 50 watt valve amp will probably sound just as loud as your solid state that runs 120 watts. Valves only have to be changed every now and then - they aren't like strings. And like I said, save. It will give the bigger tonal benefit in the end. It's difficult, but always worth it.
yeah i see what you say
Im thnking im gunna sell some of my stuff and get a tubed Randall possibley
Gotta love that sound =D
But the thing is if im gunna shell out that kinda money i want distortion that will tear the soundwaves in 3
I agree with Denthul, a Randall RG50TC has beastly distortion. I take it you don't use cleans much?
Well, you could get the VK and replace the speaker, and that would be a much better amp than the Randall IMO.
Quote by Denthúl
To be honest, you would be better off with a better amp. Spending $50+ per pickup to play through something that won't let their full tone shine through is a little wasteful. With a better amp, you'll find that the sound is much nicer and you probably won't have to upgrade the stock pickups.

+1
Quote by Denthúl

Truth.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Well the problem is i dont have enough for a randall or any good metal amps

but yeah ive got 300$
If you can afford to shell out 300 bucks on pickups, you're already halfway towards a new amp.
^

Quote by bartdevil_metal
Well the cleans on the Randall are below average. The VK's ones are quite good.

The cleans on the Randall are fine.
+1 fo the RG50TC.

You probaly don't need a new neck pup at all. Do you remember the last time you used your neck 'bucker?
I prefer D-activator bridge and evolution neck
I had to get a replacement after I broke my G string. What a pain in the ass!