Page 1 of 3
Has anyone else been watching the lineup for Download this year. I went through the list, and bar the ones I hadn't heard of (only a couple, so it won't make too much difference) there were only 5 bands that I thought deserved to be there e.g. Black Dahlia Murder, Throwdown, Children of Bodom.

Last year, My ****ing Chemical Romance were headlining the 2nd day. They got booed and bottled from start to finish. This year, we have The Offspring, Lostprophets and Kiss. The Offspring I won't even bother, neither Lostprophets, but Kiss? Surely they should just do something small on a smaller stage, not ****ing headline a metal festival after doing **** al for so long?

The other bands aren't much better; Madina Lake? Simple Plan? H.I.M? Rise Against? and this ones shameful... KID ROCK! Some ****ing white rapper is 'playing' at Download. The list of disappointments go on. Where are all the bands people want to see? Machine Head, anyone?

I ****ing hope they realise this travesty so they can correct it for next year, or eventually there's gonna be no difference between Download and Give It a Name.
Stop being a pretentious ass or not go if it bothers you that much.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Jmz123
I ****ing hope they realise this travesty so they can correct it for next year, or eventually there's gonna be no difference between Download and Give It a Name.

I'd rather go to GIAN...
Quote by SmarterChild
It is rubbish. The solution is to not go.

But I really wanted to! I couldn't last year, and this year I just don't want to
i don't think i'm going to go this year anyway, i can't afford it. there's a few bands i wouldn't mind seeing, and i'm not pretentious enough to hate everything that's not "metal", but there's not enough bands i really really like for me to spend that much on.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
Don't like it? Don't go.

Bitching about it really won't do much.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Jmz123
But I really wanted to! I couldn't last year, and this year I just don't want to

Life =/= fair
Deal with it.
Quote by Jmz123

Well it's crap, so find a better festival. Try Bloodtock, they've got Opeth, Iced Earth and At The Gates playing. Or Leeds/Reading, where they'll probably have Metallica and RATM.
Judas Priest and Motorhead are on it at least
i dig the Offspring so I really cant complain about them, but they shouldnt be headlining
Quote by esther_mouse
i'm not pretentious enough to hate everything that's not "metal"

Never said I was. I don't hate all the bands on there that I don't think should be there. For instance, I like Fightstar, but I don't think they should be at Download
Quote by Jmz123
Has anyone else been watching the lineup for Download this year. I went through the list, and bar the ones I hadn't heard of (only a couple, so it won't make too much difference) there were only 5 bands that I thought deserved to be there e.g. Black Dahlia Murder, Throwdown, Children of Bodom.

Last year, My ****ing Chemical Romance were headlining the 2nd day. They got booed and bottled from start to finish. This year, we have The Offspring, Lostprophets and Kiss. The Offspring I won't even bother, neither Lostprophets, but Kiss? Surely they should just do something small on a smaller stage, not ****ing headline a metal festival after doing **** al for so long?

The other bands aren't much better; Madina Lake? Simple Plan? H.I.M? Rise Against? and this ones shameful... KID ROCK! Some ****ing white rapper is 'playing' at Download. The list of disappointments go on. Where are all the bands people want to see? Machine Head, anyone?

i remind you,, Disturbed!..tuh you bitching about no metal n you miss out disturbed on your "people who deserve to be there list" shame on you, whatever good or bad point you were making has now just failed.
If only I was alive/old enough to go when the likes of AC/DC were playing
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
he has a point though, it is a shocking lineup.
Originally Posted by Eric 666
if I had sex with my clone...I'd have a big dick in my ass.

Quote by Final !mpact
I mean 'Really Retarded' in the nicest way possible by the way.

Member 37 Of The RHCP fanclub.
Bruce Springsteen Fan?
My Myspace
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
the only good bands at download are COB and incubus. i've seen incubus twice, and they're almost as good live as the blue man group

Same here, seen Incubus twice, but they were better than The Blue Man Group.

A lot of festivals seem to be rapidly degrading now. I only end up going to festivals for 1 or 2 acts nowadays, only if they are really special acts though.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by gallagher2006
Sorry, you're how old? Do grow up mate.

Coming from the guy who is a 'UG addict' and has Quagmire as his display pis
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
the only good bands at download are COB and incubus. i've seen incubus twice, and they're almost as good live as the blue man group

i've only seen incubus live once, but it was probably one of the best gigs i've been to, lol. i'd love to see em again, but like i said... £150 to see a few bands i like...meh.

i'm not really bothered about any of the headliners, and i don't really listen to lots of the other bands. there were some great bands in the last couple of years, but they don't really seem to give the really popular and well liked bands enough credit, if you know what i mean.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
My friend really wanted to go this year, till I showed him the lineup. I think its terrible to be honest. Download is expensive enough without faggy emo bands playing instead of Mastodon or someone good.
Quote by Jmz123
Coming from the guy who is a 'UG addict' and has Quagmire as his display pis

UG Addict is the automated one, and Quagmire is legendary. You'll grow out of elitism eventually btw.
SOlution: Go to Wacken or Bloodstock...
Bought
Ibanez S520EX EMG 81+ 85
Boss MT-2
Weeping Demon Wah
To buy list
Dtech Whammy
Hughes & Kettner Trilogy
yup, if you don't like it, try bloodstock. it's cheaper and they have better bands. opeth, dimmu borgir, iced earth.

and alestorm
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
look, download was a metal festival when it was called donnington, but now its just a music festival, however sh*t that may be
Just go to Bloodstock instead.

I'm not that bothered about it to be honest, the bands I do want to see i can just watch them on the internet because I'm a poor bastard and I'm damn proud.
I Watched Download 07 on the internet Because I'm A poor Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!

Dave Mustaine Kill List:
Draken
WinterMadness79
Dirge Humani
MrGuitar123
RHCP94
Coins
Magnus_Maximus
Judas Preist, Motorhead, Kiss, CoB, In flames, Disturberd, Apocalyptica, Job for a cow boy, throwdown, 36 crazyfists, black dahlia

And bans I like include BFMV (covntreversial), rise against, fightstar ish

Its not as good as last years but it still is reli good. I'd personally like slayer, megadeth, Municipal waste and santa there but its not gunna happen is it?
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Quote by gallagher2006
UG Addict is the automated one, and Quagmire is legendary. You'll grow out of elitism eventually btw.

O comon, I'm hardly being elitist. If Download is a metal festival, for people who want to see metal, you don't put Simple Plan on stage. I'm not saying that every festival should be metal because all other genres are inferior.

Ok maybe Grime...
Quote by SmarterChild
Alestorm suck.

You suck, alestorm rule if just for comedic value
Quote by elliott FTW
I LOVE YOU SLOGANKID
silly racist bitch finally kicked the bucket

Quote by Dinkydaisy
Stop being a pretentious ass or not go if it bothers you that much.

+1

This doesn't look like that bad of a show. Since when was the Download Festival strictly metal anyway?
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by slogankid1
You suck, alestorm rule if just for comedic value

If I want to see something with comedic value, I'll go and watch a comedian. I don't really wish to see it from a band.
i was thinken of goin to download this year, but changed my mind when i saw the lineup, last years line up was pretty good, lets hope its better next year

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

Quote by Jmz123
Kiss? Surely they should just do something small on a smaller stage, not ****ing headline a metal festival

I hope your not serious. Kiss are iconic mate. They have been an inspiration to so many "metal" musicians. They well deserve to headline metal festivals. Thats like saying Led Zeppelin shouldn't play cause they haven't done anything in ages either, yet they played one gig, and it was in popular demand.
Quote by Bastard Son
thats why im off to wacken instead

Smart man.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
Quote by Jmz123

Where I stopped listening.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Page 1 of 3