is there a difrence between epiphone standard and epiphone standard plus top? what is the plus top lol
Try being a little more specific if you actually want an answer.
I've not the time nor cutting wit necessary to provide a catchy signature. *adjusts monocle*
i thought it was a fairly straightforward and well structured question actually
Rockin' shit
The flametop looks nicer. Eventually. Still it is not worth the extra cost. Get the standard and see if you can swap the pickups with the money you'll save.
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
The only difference between the two is that the Plus Top has a flame maple top

even though it's fake

It's just a sticker. Someone on here a few months ago called Gibson about the plus tops saying that it's just a sticker.

Yea, it sucks, I know.

A ****ing sticker that makes the guitar cost a lot more, I will never buy a Epi again if I'm not doing it to have something to mod. I've already plans on what I would do with it if I had the money and time... But stock, Epis suck.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I didn't say it in my post, but I like my Epi no matter how weak I think the pups and electronics etc. are.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
I am pretty sure it isn't a "flame top sticker". It's real flamed maple, not the best quality that can compete with the wood used by actual Gibsons, but it isn't a sticker. It's all wood.
High as tits
Quote by Suicidal_Brick
I am pretty sure it isn't a "flame top sticker". It's real flamed maple, not the best quality that can compete with the wood used by actual Gibsons, but it isn't a sticker. It's all wood.

It's actually not a massive chunk of wood like on gibsons, but a thin flame maple veneer with a chunk of alder underneath. This way Epiphone can produce many guitars with a single piece of maple, as they only need a thin slice of it for each guitar.
Quote by TheQuailman
It's actually not a massive chunk of wood like on gibsons, but a thin flame maple veneer with a chunk of alder underneath. This way Epiphone can produce many guitars with a single piece of maple, as they only need a thin slice of it for each guitar.
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
The only difference between the two is that the Plus Top has a flame maple top

even though it's fake

It's just a sticker. Someone on here a few months ago called Gibson about the plus tops saying that it's just a sticker.

Yea, it sucks, I know.

These were vaguely true up until two years ago.

Two years ago, Epiphone switched up their production. Since that time, on Standard and above models, they now use all the 'proper' woods and construction as the Gibson models do. The difference is that the woods used in Epis are lower grade than the wood in the Gibsons - it is not, however, different wood species, nor is it a different construction or dimension.

Basically, if you buy an Epi made in the last two years and it's at least a Standard model, then you've got nothing to worry about as far as the wood goes. What you do still have to worry about is the hardware, wiring, pickups, tuners, nut, bridge, pots...

The Elitists are a different story altogether, where they actually use higher grade wood than the Gibson production models. But that's another story for another day.
I thought it would be something like that, and that must be why Epiphones have a darker sound than regular Gibson Les Pauls, I remember reading somewhere about them using alder, thanks for clearing that up.
High as tits