hey guys, i got a Ibanez GRG 270 for more than a year now and it came with a ILT Bridge ( aka NON licensed cheap ibanez Floyd Rose). Now the thing is that if i ever use the wammy bar it is bound to go out of tune for sure. Even if i just use it once!!!!

I tried fixing the problem by adjusting the intonation and the string action as said in the manual to keep the bridge in a perfect horizontal position to make sure it stays in tune. ( wat a load of crap ).

i also went to the Ibanez dealer and even they tried to fix it. But all they end up doing is stuff which i have already tried and persuade me to get a higher end Ibanez. Oh yea they also keep on giving me crap that ALL floyd rose guitars go out of tune if used extensively.( their definition of extensive is a 3 min song )

So, any ideas? Cuz even a cheap bridge should stay in tune for atleast one song. i even went through the reviews of my guitar on UG. Not one mention of the floyd rose. By i the way i dont have a great budget so yea... The way i see it is either do some adjustment to the present bridge or buy a lisenced floyd rose or buy a new guitar with a better bridge. Wat do u guys think?

PS, I love my guitar...
after a year, the knife edges will have worn down meaning that the tuning stability is gone. The only way you can keep that guitar in tune now is by blocking the trem.

Not all floyd rose trems are interchangable and lisenced ones aren't that good anyway so buying a new trem isn't worth it.

so new guitar or block the trem.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Mar 31, 2008,
swap that pos out for a real floyd. I play a guitar with one and I dive bomb daily. To the point where the strings are loose and touching the humbuckers. I tune it maybe once a week. (playing 3+ hours a day).
Quote by stevenexp
swap that pos out for a real floyd. I play a guitar with one and I dive bomb daily. To the point where the strings are loose and touching the humbuckers. I tune it maybe once a week. (playing 3+ hours a day).

yes because spending $200 on a new OFR to stick into a guitar that's probably only worth a bit more than that, and take the risk of it not fitting, is a good idea.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.