I got some straplocks for my new washburn, but the thing is they won't fit onto the guitar! The original strap pin (or whatever they are called) is located into a part of the wood that is made lower than the wood surrounding it, and since the straplock is bigger it doesn't fit in there. Anyone have any other suggestions? Won't wanna have my guitar falling of my strap!
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
a lot of time when putting in staplocks you'll need to fill the hole with toothpicks and glue first, then screw back in thru the toothpicks for a tight fit.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
a lot of time when putting in staplocks you'll need to fill the hole with toothpicks and glue first, then screw back in thru the toothpicks for a tight fit.

that's not what i'm asking. :P
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

oh you mean the original straplock is recessed, and the new lock doesnt fit in the recessed wood lip.
isnt the new screw long enough for the lock to fit, sitting on top of the lip?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
oh you mean the original straplock is recessed, and the new lock doesnt fit in the recessed wood lip.
isnt the new screw long enough for the lock to fit, sitting on top of the lip?

Yeah that's what I'm trying to say, sorry if my english is bad :P. The screw is long enough, but when I try to put it on, one side of the straplock does go into the recessed bit and the other side doesn't, so the straplock is kinda crooked compared to the guitar body and it doesn't look like that's a safe way to do it, the screw will probably bend.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

how about a washer, with a felt washer pad under it to protect the finish.
while ur at the hardware store make sure you have a screw long enough.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

unscrew the strap button, put on the strap and strap lock, and screw back in, bear in mind you cant take the strap off quickly, my friend did this and his strap butons havnt ripped out or enything since.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer