Gretsch semi-hollows and hollows are pretty expensive, but are better than the Epi ones i think. I myself would take a Gretsch Single Jet over a black Les Paul Std.
Gretsch fosho,they have high quality guitars....expensive though.
Beside most of the UG members al ready play on an epiphone,so try to be original.
Ibanez RGA 8 (Dimarzio D Activator 8)->Rocktron Hush->Engl E530 preamp->Marshall 9200 poweramp->Marshall 4x12 closed back cab w/ G12t75's
Quote by K!nj!
Gretsch fosho,they have high quality guitars....expensive though.
Beside most of the UG members al ready play on an epiphone,so try to be original.

+1
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Gretsch has the pedigree. Epiphone caters to the more economical crowd, not that there's anything wrong with that.

But a good guitar isn't gonna polish a turd, either. There are some real wailers out there who play what some would consider real cheap guitars. And there are some really crappy players preening with their 2500 PRS's.
Gretsch Electromatic, $500. But you've gotta play it first, the quality's not completely consistent since it's their cheapest guitar, so don't order online or anything. But sustain! Orgasmic, at least twice as good as an LP Studio.
Quote by Danno13
PROTIP: With guitars, you can go ahead and add the "Ed." to "Special"

My gear:
1964 Gibson SG
2007 Gretsch Electromatic
Washburn Acoustic-Electric
Some Fender amp
1967 Encore pile of dung