Hey guys!

After a while of absence (personal **** + band + promotional stuff + lots of practice) I've recorded a new original instrumental song.
The idea was wondering in my head for some time allready, and today I was able to record it al.
This time I held myself to pretty basic songwriting but with very much double melodical pieces and technical but melodic guitarwork.
Also I have freaked around a bit with epic effects (delays and stuff, but not over the top) and voice manipulation :p.
I'd really like to know what you guys think of this piece.
I can use every single comment!

Link: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Pr0teZT/ (there: »Essence«.

Thanks! -T
Guitarist for: Delain, Arrow Haze, Vengeance, Tri-Head and others.

Official Endorser/Clinicer of:

Aristides Guitars
Noone? ;_;

Aristides Guitars
There some very nice guitar in this piece, controlled and not over the top, I enjoyed it. the melodies are nice. good work
"Life is a waste of time, time is a waste of life.Get wasted all the time, and you'll have the time of your life!" ~ Billy Connolly
Quote by yoyo9333
There some very nice guitar in this piece, controlled and not over the top, I enjoyed it. the melodies are nice. good work

Thanks mate !

Aristides Guitars
Anyone else?

Aristides Guitars
Very epic sound to it. The recording quality a bits sounds alittle 'weak' or 'cloudy'. I think that may be my speakers though. Some awesome playing here though and theres some really nice melodies. I think the drums may be a little to far back in the mix but thats probably just my taste.

I like your tone - Nice shred sound you have there.

Very Symphony X Sounding.

Overall, it's a really good piece and your playing is immense. I think if you cleaned up a little more on the production side to give it some more clarity it would sound really awesome.

And What's with the cat at the end lol.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by Donkey Fly
Very epic sound to it. The recording quality a bits sounds alittle 'weak' or 'cloudy'. I think that may be my speakers though. Some awesome playing here though and theres some really nice melodies. I think the drums may be a little to far back in the mix but thats probably just my taste.

I like your tone - Nice shred sound you have there.

Very Symphony X Sounding.

Overall, it's a really good piece and your playing is immense. I think if you cleaned up a little more on the production side to give it some more clarity it would sound really awesome.

And What's with the cat at the end lol.

Thank you so much dude !
The cat ****, hahah, yeah that's a part guitar and a part of my voice mixxed with thirty million effects ^^, Just an idea I came up with

Aristides Guitars
Your rhythm gives me an erection. But seriously, that's a nice riff you have going at the beginning. The drum pattern compliments that riff exactly, I absolutely love the drum riff. The other riff after the first has an excellent solo part to it. Very Paul Gilbert/Petrucci sounding. The slow part is really epic.
10/10 - Immense is the right word!
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Your rhythm gives me an erection. But seriously, that's a nice riff you have going at the beginning. The drum pattern compliments that riff exactly, I absolutely love the drum riff. The other riff after the first has an excellent solo part to it. Very Paul Gilbert/Petrucci sounding. The slow part is really epic.
10/10 - Immense is the right word!

Thank you so much man I really appreciate it<3.

Aristides Guitars
How do you guys think about the drum mix btw?

Aristides Guitars
The song sounded a little wierdly mixed, it keeps soudnings like it is fading in and out. the drums are too quiet, I need to hear a snare and bass right in the fore of the mix driving through. At the mo, only the cymbals come through and they sound a little washy. You've got some skills as far as the guitar playing goes, but things get a little messy, too many guitars (not messy playing-wise, just too many layers cluttering up the sound). You need to decided which ones you really need. There were some nice use of shread techniques though, the little cascades and stuff. The dolphin guitar was cool as well,

Mind having a listen to mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828701
This is really cool, mighty fine guitar playing.

I agree with the production comments, seems a little cloudy/muddy/midy to me. You probably need to master things a little differently, try some different EQ's and compression. Also, you may wanna commit each instrument/sound to its own area by panning tracks.

for instance, Keep Bass and drums dead center, and pan your other sounds (guitar mainly) outward from there. That along with proper EQ and compression, should help spread things out it give it a more precise yet thick sounds.

Hope this helps
Quote by greenday1182
i just heard the most amazing solo ever. it's in a song called "holiday" by green day. its even harder than some of blink 182s stuff!! im gonna learn this solo right now! give it a listen, its really good sounding and not too easy.
Thank y'all so very f*cking much for the feedback guys!
I really appreciate it <3.

Sam, I'll check your thingy tommorow.

Thanks again!

Aristides Guitars
Quote by thedonutman
I agree about the mixing, I think you should make it focus more on the most important part. The playing and composition are both superb, but the mixing makes it sound a bit like a mush.

Thanks for the tip mate .

Aristides Guitars
Quote by NunoSlash
Timmo Sommers?

Timo Somers, actually

Aristides Guitars