need a cheap guitar for project to modiy it
i play all sort from rock to heavy metal

epi les paul special 2?
the verdict?? or any other cheap metal guitar for project?
thanks
You play metal, and the first thing you thought of was an Epi LP?

Look into cheaper RGs, Jackson Dinkys, other more, extreme looking Ibanez (like a Xiphos) or extreme looking Jacksons, such as the Kelly, Warrior, RR etc.

LTD is also a good place to look.
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Does it have to sound good?
How much are you willing to spend?

When it comes to 'cheap' and 'metal', I usually tell people to take a look at the Ibanez RG321.
I know I know, it's not as cheap as it can get, but it's a quality guitar that's worth the money, unlike many others.
Or instead, try one of the lower end Agile LP copies.
If you need a cheap guitar just get a BC rich and redo the pickups and stuff.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
Jackson JS30 series dude... theyre all like 250 - 290 dollars/euros ..... if needed later u can upgrade ur pickups (thats what i did) .... the js30 series have no whammy bar (except the js30dk) but theyre amazing guitars for metal!!
Quote by GuitarManNick
Jackson JS30 series dude... theyre all like 250 - 290 dollars/euros ..... if needed later u can upgrade ur pickups (thats what i did) .... the js30 series have no whammy bar (except the js30dk) but theyre amazing guitars for metal!!

Aren't they made of basswood though. Get a cheap guitar made of GOOD wood, then you can go waaay further.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Aren't they made of basswood though. Get a cheap guitar made of GOOD wood, then you can go waaay further.

Vai's Jem is made of basswood.

Who says that's a bad wood?
Gear:

Well it's one of the cheapest woods to make guitars out of and it's limiting with the tonal variations you can get out of it. It's good for shred metal which is why Vai and Petrucci like it, but barely anyone else uses it.
Quote by Les Paul Ell
Well it's one of the cheapest woods to make guitars out of and it's limiting with the tonal variations you can get out of it. It's good for shred metal which is why Vai and Petrucci like it, but barely anyone else uses it.

Right, but the OP is looking for a metal guitar, so it works in this case.
Gear:

Quote by MurderWorship
Right, but the OP is looking for a metal guitar, so it works in this case.

Depends what kind of metal he likes! I got a basswood Jackson a while ago when wanting a metal guitar (80's hair metal kind of thing) and I thought it was pants compared to a maple guitar I have for metal.

It's very light though, but I recommend not getting a shape like a Rhoads in basswood as the wings will break if you or other people are not careful with it.
I have a basswood Cort KX5 which I'm gonna mod for metal. The wood is amazing - it'll manage about ten seconds of solid sustain clean, more with overdrive. It has a great sound and feels so much like my Ibanez, though the neck is slightly thicker. It's serving as my backup/drop-D guitar for now.
Anyway, Cort guitars are dirt cheap, and they're Ibanez quality cos Cort make most Ibanezes, so they know about quality. In perspective - Ibanez RGT (thru-neck with EMGs) - £1000 and over. Cort X-TH (also a thru-neck with EMGs) - £499. Do the math.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000