I was wondering, how should I line these guys up?

I play mainly Prog/rock so I need to be able to apply different effects to my loops using the DL4. And I have no effects loop. :/

Amp : Fender Blues Junior
Boss CS3
Line 6 DL4
Boss ME50
Sovtek Big Muff Pi
Marshall Drivemaster (original)
Marshall Bluesbreaker (original)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby wah.
Guitar : Fender 70's Strat.

Thanks.
Compression - > Distortion - > Delay

Basic rule of thumb. If you want to include the ME50 just shove it where it sounds best, (IMO before delay probs)
Hmm yeah. My main delay is from the ME50, but that will change having only recently brought the DL4.
Quote by beckyjc
Compression - > Distortion - > Delay

Basic rule of thumb. If you want to include the ME50 just shove it where it sounds best, (IMO before delay probs)

Do it like this, and place the wah after the comp, before the dirt. The rule of thumb for the dirt pedals is to place them in order from lowest gain to highest, but you should try other combinations too.
Quote by kyrreca
Do it like this, and place the wah after the comp, before the dirt. The rule of thumb for the dirt pedals is to place them in order from lowest gain to highest, but you should try other combinations too.

that only matters if youre using more than one at a time, which is only rly gonna apply to 2 ODs max before it gets noisy as hell.

also

EXPERIMENT!!!
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Well. My current lineage of the pedals is reflected in my first post.

I'll take your advise guys. What order would you put my pedals in? Also, whaddya think of them?
Quote by FreedomFighter
Well. My current lineage of the pedals is reflected in my first post.

I'll take your advise guys. What order would you put my pedals in? Also, whaddya think of them?

*sigh*

experiment still stands

BUT

wah>comp>dist>ME-50>delay
Thanks. Sorry for being a pain. I don't have the opportunity to experiment properly with it currently as I need batteries (well a powersupply) for my DL4.
Boss CS3
Line 6 DL4
Boss ME50
Sovtek Big Muff Pi
Marshall Drivemaster (original)
Marshall Bluesbreaker (original)
Dunlop Classic Crybaby wah.

I'd go for:

Compressor
Wah
Bluesbreaker
Drivemaster
Big Muff
DL4

Dunno about the ME-50. It'd either go before or after the DL4, you'll need to experiment.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Nice one. I've set it up that way. Problematically, my bloody connector cables (patch leads?) are too short to connect from the ME50 to the DL4. :/ So I'll have to use a conventional guitar cable for now.

Another problem, the cable from the input, to my guitar is 18FT long. lol Fender cables.
the compressor might distort the wah and sound horrible if its placed before.
I thought compressors were generally placed in front of wahs so it let you hear the full spectrum of sound?
just mess around with the lineup you may or may not like the lineups the others are telling you. for ex people say you should put your wah in front of your distortion pedal cuz you get the clean wah sound but I prefer after where it gets distorted. (I have a cheap wah pedal so that may explain stuff for people who know more than I do about this stuff)
Yea, do it the way you sound best, i've spent hours at a time moving all mine around, its a bit of a pain, but in the end you find the sound you want, there are conventional methods, but i don't use them, i prefer mine the way its set up,
whammy - wah - Distortion - Chorus - Flange - modeling, it is pretty conventional tbh,
Quote by FreedomFighter
I thought compressors were generally placed in front of wahs so it let you hear the full spectrum of sound?

compressors are amplifiers which can distort the sound and sound nasty