I have a Hagstrom superstrat knockoff, and an AXL fatstrat knockoff, and am wanting to get an inexpensive but decent LP style guitar for some different sounds. These are the most interesting two I've found:

Hagstrom Swede
http://www.hagstromguitars.com/swede.html

Agile AL-3100
http://www.rondomusic.com/product1475.html

Which do you like better and why? I've heard really good things about the Agile but it would cost a little more than the Hagstrom. Thanks
they both look soo great.....how much are you paying?
Looking for a new sig!
how about you save some money and sell one/both of the others and buy a decent quality guitar, rather than going for loads of cheap ones?
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
i'd go with the agile, it looks better
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

The Hag! They both have odd looking cutaways (with the Agile winning out, IMO), but I just can't look at the Agile headstock without throwing up in my mouth a little.
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep
how about you save some money and sell one/both of the others and buy a decent quality guitar, rather than going for loads of cheap ones?

What he said.

But if you must, the agile does look better.
it looks good???? wut no don't base this decision on looks man play them both...its all about the feel and sound man
i like the swede alot. I've never played the agile but i can tell you that the Hagstrom is very reliable, sounds great, stays in tune, and looks hawt.

i have one and its really perfect. the only gripe i have about it is that its not 24 frets, but if youre not playing all the way up the bridge, then its a sweet idea to get a hagstrom.

yah i think Hagstrom is a more unique choice, because all the kids at my school have agiles and i have a hagstrom. hellll yahh
Quote by statixguitar53
when in doubt, buy an elephant testicle

GEAR:
Mesa F-50
Hagstrom Swede
ZVEX Fuzz Factory
Quote by Baarmy_Sheep

exactly
I have played a Hagström Swede, and it played really well, I vote for the Hagström. The Agile is really ugly, but the Hagström Swede in white or cherry is the only guitar that beats a LP in looks. If I wanted a guitar in the same pricerange, I would definitly buy a Hagström.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Thanks all for the input. I already have a Hagstrom Ultralux XL-5, and the quality is astonishing for the price. I really like the pickup voicings on it, although the Swede does not have the same pickups. The Swede model should be similar quality. The Hagstroms do have super thin necks that take getting used to. I haven't played any Agiles but have heard from multiple people that they are very well made and sound good. I can get the Hag for around $330, or the Agile for around $380. No music stores close to me carry either or I'd go play them.

I don't want to spend big $ on a Gibson or PRS or anything, so these are the two options on the table so to speak.
Agile...

I've played the hagstrom once and well...
The neck just didn't felt nice...
slow and big
The Agile really looks like a nice guitar, looks very well built and it looks amazing!
Gear:
Godin Freeway Classic
Ibanez Concord Acoustic
Roland Cube 30x
Zoom G2
If you had to choose, get the Agile. I was about to rush out and buy a mid range guitar myself as soon as I had the money. I wanted a LP style as well. I'm just gonna save until the end of the summer and get a freakin Les Paul Standard instead getting a copy.

Alas, that was my decision. If you wanna get somethin now, go for the Agile.
Gibson.
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET A GIBSON or at the very least an epiphone, please don't go for those, they're just ugly, and you don't know how they sound, most knock-off les pauls are just looks

Edit:

you said cheap

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET AN EPIPHONE
Last edited by opc100 at Mar 31, 2008,
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET A GIBSON or at the very least an epiphone, please don't go for those, they're just ugly, and you don't know how they sound, most knock-off les pauls are just looks

Edit:

you said cheap

Grr. Gibson & Epiphone might replicate the original best, but times change... I'd go for the Hagstrom over an Epiphone myself.
i'd go with the Hagstrom, it looks much cooler
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Quote by JvL
Agile...

I've played the hagstrom once and well...
The neck just didn't felt nice...
slow and big

The Hagstrom neck felt slow and big? Are you sure you're thinking of the right brand of guitar? Hagstroms have been known since the 60s as having the tagline "fastest neck in the world". Whether or not it's true, who's to say, but one thing's for sure, "Hagstrom necks" and "slow and big" don't usually appear in the same sentence...

As for overall quality, you can save up and buy and Epiphone I guess, but you'd be paying more for a guitar of lower quality than the Hagstrom. Just because the price is low, doesn't mean the guitar is cheap. Hagstrom should raise their prices by a few hundred bucks so people can stop complaining about how cheap their great guitars are!

--- D
Quote by opc100

Edit:

you said cheap

The most stupid thing I've heard in a long time, you should now that Hagströms beats the **** out of every Epi. And I own a Epi, and not a Hagström. They sound much, much better, they play sooo much better. And to not know guitar-history and call the Swedes ugly knock-offs, is just stupid. And they're everything but looks.

In my personal opinion, the new Hagströms Swedes easily beats Gibson LP Studios in both sound, playability and quality, does that tell you something?
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Last edited by HomerSGR at Apr 1, 2008,
Quote by HomerSGR
The most stupid thing I've heard in a long time, you should now that Hagströms beats the **** out of every Epi. And I own a Epi, and not a Hagström. They sound much, much better, they play sooo much better. And to not know guitar-history and call the Swedes ugly knock-offs, is just stupid. And they're everything but looks.

In my personal opinion, the new Hagströms Swedes easily beats Gibson LP Studios in both sound, playability and quality, does that tell you something?

when i was buying mynew guitar i tried a hagstrom and an epi. the hagstrom was so slow and sounded horrible. plus i never caled them knock offs. just ugly.