WaSsup UG?

so im going tommorrow to my loccal guitar shop and i want to know what do you think of the Metal Muff of EHX
im playing some metallica GNR ACDC A7X...

its really importent for me to have somes opinion before buying one(my friends are douchbags so....)
hmmm if you have anoter nice pedal in this range of price (100 american dollars)

ps
sorry for my bad english
;D
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
I've heard pretty good things about that one.

My suggestion is: Try it out! Play with the same guitar and amp that you have, and add the Metal Muff and see if it suits your playing style
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
i know dude thats what im going to do....
its really importent for me to know the opinion of other musiciens...
Quote by andy331

and i used to hump everything in sight and i had fake sex with my styuffed animals and pretended they were the pink power ranger!
I love mine, but it is pretty loose sounding, so you might not get very good sounds for Metallica and things like that out of it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The metal muff will get you a7x , metallica tones easily but it wont get you that AC DC overdriven, crunchy marshall tone.
My Gear :
Epiphone les paul custom (alpine white) Peavey Valve king half stack
Ehx Big muff Pi Gibson sg special faded
Ehx Metal Muff Dunlop crybaby 535q
Digitech Bad Monkey
Depends on the type of metal muff, there are 3: the full size with top boost, the pocket, and the nano. They're solid pedals, but for a heavy distortion, I'd recommend a Boss MT2 metal zone for a solid British type sound, or a Line 6 Uber Metal, it has surprisingly good EQ control and has a built in noise gate,, only downside is that it devours batteries whole, an ac adapter would sove the problem with a battery in the unit as a backup precaution.
Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit- Oscar Wilde
My Metal Muff is great.

I can get AC/DC-ish sound, Black Metal Roar, and anything in between.

It's the most versatile pedal I've ever played. The EQ works wonders, so make sure you get the full-sized one. Don't cheap out and get the pocket muff.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by Shadr Rizzo
Depends on the type of metal muff, there are 3: the full size with top boost, the pocket, and the nano. They're solid pedals, but for a heavy distortion, I'd recommend a Boss MT2 metal zone for a solid British type sound, or a Line 6 Uber Metal, it has surprisingly good EQ control and has a built in noise gate,, only downside is that it devours batteries whole, an ac adapter would sove the problem with a battery in the unit as a backup precaution.

NO NO NO NO NO. just NO.
either youve never played those pedals or you are tone deaf.
Valveking CLIPS/Gear HERE
Tone is subjective, I dont need someone to tell me what I like, what may work for you may not work for everybody, and I happen to like my uber metal through my VHT Pitbull, it gives me the sound I desire, I could reccomend some boutique pedals that are pricier but I'm guessing its an entry level request, otherwise they wouldnt be asking what they SHOULD get, they'd demo as many until they found one that suited them. I've come across this scenario many times, being a GC accessories/ guitars dept employee, but if you're looking for a higher end distortion unit I'd try a Radial Tonebone Tri-mode or Hot British, they have a unique sound because they employ a single 12AX7 preamp tube.
The RocKtron Zombie is nice for the price, though it's best suited when paired with a tube amp...that is if you can find one readily availible.
I had one but It blew up on me . so i sent it back and got a new one. there pretty good.
Quote by Shadr Rizzo
Tone is subjective, I dont need someone to tell me what I like, what may work for you may not work for everybody, and I happen to like my uber metal through my VHT Pitbull, it gives me the sound I desire, I could reccomend some boutique pedals that are pricier but I'm guessing its an entry level request, otherwise they wouldnt be asking what they SHOULD get, they'd demo as many until they found one that suited them. I've come across this scenario many times, being a GC accessories/ guitars dept employee, but if you're looking for a higher end distortion unit I'd try a Radial Tonebone Tri-mode or Hot British, they have a unique sound because they employ a single 12AX7 preamp tube.

An Uber Metal into a VHT sounds good?
I would think the VHT would be sharp enough as it is.

And +1 on the Tonebone, you may have to drop a pretty penny for it, but those things are the ****.
i have had my metal muff for almost a year now, its great and really versatile. don't just go by everyones opinions though. Give it a test run, I'm sure your gonna love it.
Quote by Glimsom
Well, there was that horrible accident with Metallica, where the entire band had their Metal amputated. =P
idk about for what u want it for. its great for metallica, and some AC/DC, but u might wana look into more OD pedals.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
What amp are you useing? That's the most important element of the signal path.

People's opinions shouldn't matter as much as your ears.