i think it is a waste of your time, everything in the future is gonna be for Vista.
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
Quote by greasysnowball
i think it is a waste of your time, everything in the future is gonna be for Vista.

True, but my Vista is slow as hell, it uses up all the RAM, my printer never works, I can't connect my camera using USB, etc.

Not only that, but I discovered that if my computer was running the same exact system requirements, except on XP, I would be able to play games left and right. However, I can't because the OS alone wastes all my RAM and graphics power.
I agree totally. Vista isn't worth it yet because of the massive RAM usage and lack of drivers.
Tell me, who is this?
It's Mr. Lemon...
What are you doing here?
I'm off to the cupboard, where I keep the bodies...
Bad Mr. Lemon, bad lemon.
Download SP1 and follow the tweaking guide in my profile before you decide to spend £60 or whatever on XP.
sure its gonna be expensive to upgrade the RAM, and difficult to get patches so older games can play on Vista's OS. But its sooo worth it.

i have 2gig RAM and i have litterally no issues.

Vista is also much smarter. It calculates what programs you use and keeps them at the ready for you.
-For instance, lets say you are an accountant and you use spread sheet everyday around 4:30pm, it will be ready to open the program for you.

It is also much more organized.

i wouldnt go back to XP.
Quote by Burtonjp
Im secretly a lesbian female in a male body. The worlds a tough place for me.

Quote by gunther_sucks
I once ran into a mirror that I didn't know was there. I think you could say We were both suprised.
I agree with everyone here.

When I used to share my computer with my mom, we ran XP, and let me tell you, it was the most badass computer ever. Fast as hell, insane graphics, a kickass soundcard, and compatibility with EVERY peripherial I have ever used.

When I got my own computer, I got Vista, and well...you can guess the rest.
Vista is good ONLY when u have a computer that can run it well (my HP Quad Core runs it fine ) but if ur comp isnt the best thing out there ya its worth downgrading. everything will run smoother
Quote by SharpSpoon
I think I can safely say I would still bang her knowing this information.

Lmao ^

Grundy0 > Cancer!
get a mac
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by greasysnowball
sure its gonna be expensive to upgrade the RAM, and difficult to get patches so older games can play on Vista's OS. But its sooo worth it.

i have 2gig RAM and i have litterally no issues.

Vista is also much smarter. It calculates what programs you use and keeps them at the ready for you.
-For instance, lets say you are an accountant and you use spread sheet everyday around 4:30pm, it will be ready to open the program for you.

It is also much more organized.

i wouldnt go back to XP.

+1
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by schecter_r0cker
Vista is good ONLY when u have a computer that can run it well (my HP Quad Core runs it fine ) but if ur comp isnt the best thing out there ya its worth downgrading. everything will run smoother

Macs annoy me to death(cause they can't do anything....) and I don't have to right click!.... and he's asking for xp not mac.......
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Quote by nasadm
Quote by lopezmetalmunky
Super epic win. I love you now
Made siggable

Nice. now I'll be suing you.
Quote by nasadm
Macs annoy me to death(cause they can't do anything....) and I don't have to right click!.... and he's asking for xp not mac.......

nobody here brought up Macs until you did...

but while they're up, it's a viable solution. Here's a couple awesome things abuot Mac's new OS:
-iDisk (a program that allows you access to a virtual harddrive on a retardedly fast private server, except it's OS-integrated, sooo yeah)
-the ability to virtually access your Mac from ANY Mac that's on the internet.
-a pretty good software suite, or at least better than the one that comes for windows
-in my opinion the cleanest interface available for any OS
-WOW

I've also been using Logic and Reason and both are pretty darn good.

So yea, they don't do nothing. If you want to play lots of games, go for XP, but I prefer my 360 anyway for that.
i have vista and have no problems with it, i feel XP is worse, but everyone has their opinions. but yes it's a waste of time becasue soon XP will be gone off the market. Technology is always upgraded, its a waste yes, but we are humans and wasting is our #1 thing to do right?
don't do it. u should've waited a while for vista bugs to go away, but now, just keep vista
XP is great and vista is great as well. its just that it takes so much more RAM...i have 2gb of ram and it runs fine....but im actually thinking of installing another gb for the hell of it
Quote by nimrod_hahahaha
get a mac

Lol. He wants to play games.

Sounds like you'd be better off getting a computer more suited towards gaming.
Whenever someone says "Oh, I'm going to downgrade to XP. Vista is too slow, it won't run anything, blah blah blah" its usually because they don't have enough RAM or some other spec.

People, of course Vista is going to suck on your 512MB of RAM PC that has a 900Mhz processor.
Well, Vista is good unless you have like a 3-4 year old computer that you shouldn't even be using anyways. You can't keep using the same computer for 3-4 years and expect new programs like Photoshop CS3 to run on it. Technology progresses and you have to be willing to keep up with it.