Looks like they have some kickass stuff at good prices. Anyone tried any of the Matchless, Dumble, or Trainwreck clones? I'm currently looking for a new amp and it would be awesome to have a handwired boutique esque amp. Only problem is I need decent clean headroom. Which of their amps (if any) would be suited for that?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by davedoom
good amps.

cheap.

I think I might go for the Overtone Special (Dumble copy). looks like it will run me just over $1000 for the fully built head which is about the same price the Carvin I was looking at was. Won't be as versatile but I don't really play metal anymore. Just cleans, blues, and classic rock. I'm assuming this will be well suited right?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by davedoom
well then sir, you cant go wrong!

only a Two Rock or a Van Weedlen would sound better - but 10x price!

http://www.vanweelden.com/

check those samples - superb!

Funny you should mention that. I came across this site looking for an alternative to a Two Rock. Time to start saving
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
I actually liked the Overtone Special more than the Two Rock Overdrive Sig. It's all subjective anyway. I haven't tried the Matchless or Trainwreck clones.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Kendall
I actually liked the Overtone Special more than the Two Rock Overdrive Sig. It's all subjective anyway. I haven't tried the Matchless or Trainwreck clones.

very correct and you seem to know ya tone also!
I'm trading a guitar for their JCM800 copy so I hope it's a good amp.
Not taking any online orders.
Ceriatone amps are incredible.

Nik can make a Marshall better than Marshall can make a Marshall. His Plexi replicas are so close to the original 68's that it's astounding.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
I'm getting the Dumble clone.
I'll probably get the Overtone first then spring for an 18 watt marshall clone when I get more into studio work.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
My amp is actually a Ceriatone JCM800 model! It was such a pleasure doing business with Nik, you can send him an email and he'll respond in hours!

The amp itself is great too but you have to realise that it doesn't come with a housing, you got to build it yourself.

I would definetly recommend it to you, it is the best purchase I have ever made and it was something like $600 far a 1981 model JCM!!! That is insane and the wiring is phenomanal, which means it will last longer than any crappy assembly line wiring.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by darkarbiter7
I'm getting the Dumble clone.
I'll probably get the Overtone first then spring for an 18 watt marshall clone when I get more into studio work.

Nice. The Dumble is actually at the top of my list right now so looks like I might be getting that one too. Do you know anyone else on UG who has one?
Quote by LightningRider
My amp is actually a Ceriatone JCM800 model! It was such a pleasure doing business with Nik, you can send him an email and he'll respond in hours!

The amp itself is great too but you have to realise that it doesn't come with a housing, you got to build it yourself.

I would definetly recommend it to you, it is the best purchase I have ever made and it was something like $600 far a 1981 model JCM!!! That is insane and the wiring is phenomanal, which means it will last longer than any crappy assembly line wiring.

You can actually get one with the housing. When you click on the amp go to where it says "cab" and it shows the price of the amp with the housing. So yeah I think I'm going to go for the Overtone Special with an Avatar G412 Traditional Special cab with either V-30's or Greenbacks. Sound like a good idea?
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
^Really, I didn't know that, but i did get it like over a year ago, maybe they changed the site.

Ya, but difenetly go for it. I had sent Nik maybe 30 emails because I was sceptical like yourself and I know for sure that he wouldn't sell anything half-assed. I have only tried his Marshall models, the JCM800 and a Plexi model at the store I work at, and they are much better than anything you're gonna find at a boutique or at GC.

EDIT: The only complaint I had was that it took about a month and a half to get to my house after payment because the amps are made to order, but don't be afraid if it takes awhile to arrive.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Last edited by LightningRider at Mar 31, 2008,
Quote by soul_power
Nice. The Dumble is actually at the top of my list right now so looks like I might be getting that one too. Do you know anyone else on UG who has one?

You can actually get one with the housing. When you click on the amp go to where it says "cab" and it shows the price of the amp with the housing. So yeah I think I'm going to go for the Overtone Special with an Avatar G412 Traditional Special cab with either V-30's or Greenbacks. Sound like a good idea?

I haven't heard of anyone on UG having one.
But, I saw some vids and soundclips, and they sound incredible.
Not sure which speakers to get. I'm thinking a 2x12 Avatar with Celestion golds in it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Quote by darkarbiter7
I haven't heard of anyone on UG having one.
But, I saw some vids and soundclips, and they sound incredible.
Not sure which speakers to get. I'm thinking a 2x12 Avatar with Celestion golds in it.

Indeed they do. Maybe we'll be the first 2 . I actually already have an empty 212 and I plan on putting some speakers in it (not sure what kind yet) but I also wanted to get an Avatar 412 just for the sake of having one and using it at gigs. Looking it over again I'm thinking that V30's might be too dark sounding for my taste. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJ4SDQWk-PM the cleans that that guy gets with his are just amazing. I'm surprised this thing doesn't cost more. Two Rock is charging 10K for their Dumble clone but then again it is Two Rock.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Another little thing I noticed after I got it was that the knobs go up to 11, i thought that might be another selling point, w/e if it isn't, its still kickass.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Last edited by LightningRider at Mar 31, 2008,
^Lol.
My peavey classic's knobs go to 12, but 11 is still pretty cool.
Also, the Overtone has a FET and a normal input. I wonder what the FET input does.
Yeah, we can be the first ones to get it. I'll probably order mine this month. And depending on how long it takes for Nik to build it and ship it, I may have it before the summer starts.
This marinblues guy on Youtube made several clips of his OTS with assorted guitars.
The one with the strat is incredible.
Another good selling point of the Overtone is the head is so sexy (IMO).
I just wish it came in tweed or some other covering besides black tolex.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Mar 31, 2008,
Wow, I took a look at the youtube video and those are incredible cleans, much better than the ones I can get. This must be a new product because I remember him telling me that he was going to create a new blues amp and asked me if i'd rather wait for that. I'm actually considering buying this now myself too.
My Gear:

Guitars:

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
^Well, i'm not sure when he released the Dumble clone, but it's been there for the last few months. I know that he discontinued them for a short while, but he put them back on the market.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I'm looking more at the end of summer the way money has been lately but I'm pretty set on getting this so unless I find something better between now and then it shall be mine! If you get yours early let me know and be sure to post clips.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Yeah, well, i'm buying it at the end of april.
Sure, will do, but I have a pretty crappy mode of recording.
I'll make sure to write a very very indepth review though.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
This site is great. I think I'm gonna order the amp and build a nice cab myself.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by darkarbiter7
^Lol.
My peavey classic's knobs go to 12, but 11 is still pretty cool.
Also, the Overtone has a FET and a normal input. I wonder what the FET input does.

It's for use with acoustic guitars.