Ok...not the end of the wrold, but.....i'm a drumer for this band.....and we are going into the studio in about 2 weeks time.........but..i went out on saterday night and through no real fault of my own....fell over and have broken my hand!! which, for a drummer, isnt the best possiable thing to have happend. The nurse said 3-5 weeks for the bone to heal...

anyone know of anything i can do to, not nessesaraly to speed up the bone rapairing, but to mabey be able to play drums. My hand and wrist are really stiff atm, what would be best, rest? or gental exersises??
"A good friend will come bail you out of jail.... But a true friend will be
sitting next to you saying "Damn... we screwed up!"

Quote by Muppet
OMGLOLZORZ!!!!!1111oneoneone

You are SO funny, I can't believe it!

[/sarc. off]
one handed drumming. Lots of bass drum. Mebbe drum machine for parts you can't do one-handed?
Quote by Noyon999

They will be on their knees begging for mercy... But The Pit shall have no such mercy and finish them with a "HADOKEN!"

Founder of the Help UG Achieve World Domination group and Vice President of UGtopia
If the drummer from Def Lepard can do it with one arm, you can do it wth one hand,

Tie a stick to your forearm, do it slowly and then speed it up on the computer?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1

deal with it
Quote by Pilots
Discrepancy: While at 110 KIAS and 35 deg AOB with full right pedal, trims would not keep helicopter in correct Outer roll loop.

Corrective action:
Could not duplicate on ground. 11A799. NPPC
Quote by Ichimaru
If the drummer from Def Lepard can do it with one arm, you can do it wth one hand,

Tie a stick to your forearm, do it slowly and then speed it up on the computer?

Same with Travis Barker.

If you can't do it with one hand, then DO NOT PLAY!!!

You are only gonna hurt your hand more and possibly not be able to ever play again.

Trust me
since when did travis barker only have one hand?
Quote by centorium

i love green day,sure they're mostly power cords but for begginer,good they are
Quote by PlayMadness
Spent too much time in the talk like Yoda thread, you have.

Do the kick/snare one-handed and then overdub the high hat.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Quote by Mutleypunk

It was a joke. He sucks so much, that you might think he only has one hand .
That was the joke, right?
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
oh funny.......... nice slowpoke! ^^
Quote by centorium

i love green day,sure they're mostly power cords but for begginer,good they are
Quote by PlayMadness
Spent too much time in the talk like Yoda thread, you have.

Yeah, I'd go with the genital exercises. One hand and your dick will be good enough for the first week or two.
Well, the drummer for Def Leppard only had one arm and they still rocked my socks...
hue
Take lots and lots of calcium. Also, there is this technique that I learned in High school that worked well for me when I broke my hand in Football. Picture the afflicted area and focus your attention on the area. Picture it healing. Sounds like some hoodoo bullshiit but believe me. it works. I was going to have to wait 3-5 weeks for my hand to heal and it healed in 2.
Quote by Mutleypunk

he broke his arm whilst shooting a video (i think), and learnt to play one handed until he recovered

that is commitment for ya'
Quote by iimjpii
Yeah, I'd go with the genital exercises. One hand and your dick will be good enough for the first week or two.

Be careful though, you may damage the wood in your "drumstick".

Advice: Reinforce your penis.

What?
Last edited by -metalhead- at Mar 31, 2008,
Well, they do make machines for that now. But a drummer with one useable hand might be able to keep proper time. Maybe you solved the missing link of drumming?