I have the Windsor half stack, and I was playing on it. Then it released a huge farting noise that was really damn loud and thats only sound i'm getting, and its doing it even at 0 volume. The tubes are running proper, no burning smell, and they're still on just fine when on stand by. When I turn it off standby the tubes act normal and I just get the horrendous noise from the cabinet. I'm thinking I blew a speaker.

Anyone else have a diagnosis?
Gibson.
probably cable that wasn't in all the way or something
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
use edit and not double post. thanks.

sounds either like power amp or most likely speaker - take it somewhere to try with another cab

i dont know what you expect people to do or say other than take it somewhere to get a problem fixed

though like this bloke says above me - i really hope you have checked simple things like cables before posting this
Do you have a recording of the farting noise? haha

But seriously, if you have one I want to hear it.
Oh it was hysterical, it was like a slow really long fart, that wouldnt stop. It stopped all of a sudden. Cables were fine, everything was hooked in correctly. It kept doing it after I checked all of that, and now i just went away. I don't get it, but I'll take it.
Gibson.
how is the electric supply and grounding - ive had some terrible sounds like that!

note to self: never use an 18v ac supply on a dc pedal!!! argh - though it wasnt labeled
Well its near alot of electronics in my room, though that just usually makes some uneccessary hum. Its right into a wall outlet, the grounding should be ok as well. It was just really weird, it made a pop then the farting started. Every time I would flip it off stand by it would continue its flatulence, and now I just flicked it off standby and nothings wrong.

WEIRD.
Gibson.
Blown speaker sounds accurate, a 'farting' sound is usually associated with blown speakers.
Well, if i heard a sound from my amp like you described, i would immediately turn the amp off. And yes, it sounds like a blown speaker.
Last edited by DeadMansCurve at Apr 1, 2008,