The other guitarist in my band needs a cheap, (less than £200), but loud enough to gig with amp...

It doesn't need to sound amazing, just good enough for now, if you know what I mean?

"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
if he REAAALLY doesnt care about the sound then tell him to buy the MG stack... i wouldnt recommend it at all but since he needs something loud and cheap...
You could probably get a 30 watt palomino for that price. If he needs built in effects get a Cube or a AD50VT.
a fender frontman 15g or get the frontman 15r if he likes reverb which is the only difference in the two amps. or (im actually serious) go to walmart and get a first act bass amp those are pretty good you just need a distortion pedal and you're good
check a sansamp pedal - get one for about 100quid - sound very tube like

superb then whack it into a desk

if you dont have a P.A - then errrrrkkk - not much of a gig and anything will do - pEaVey BaDnit FTW etc
Quote by chinkboy7
a fender frontman 15g or get the frontman 15r if he likes reverb which is the only difference in the two amps. or (im actually serious) go to walmart and get a first act bass amp those are pretty good you just need a distortion pedal and you're good

15 watts solid state isn't going to be loud enough to gig with.

I say something like a roland cube 60 or Vox AD50VT. If you're lucky you could also get something like a used Laney VC15 or VC30 for a little less than £200, i know the VC30 would be loud enough, and the VC15 should be but don't expect very clean cleans
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Yeah, I'm not expecting a great sound! Just loud enough to hear. Will the 65W Fender be good enough you reckon?
The guy said pounds but allready people are telling him to go to wallmart and buy palominos... >_>

Wallmart = asda
Palominos = not exist in UK

Roland Cube 60
Vox AD50VT
Quote by Velvet_Craig
Yeah, I'm not expecting a great sound! Just loud enough to hear. Will the 65W Fender be good enough you reckon?

I believe the Cube is better.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
I may try that then, I've got a Minicube, and for it's price and size it's pretty good. Cheers all.
Quote by beckyjc
The guy said pounds but allready people are telling him to go to wallmart and buy palominos... >_>

Wallmart = asda
Palominos = not exist in UK

Roland Cube 60
Vox AD50VT

thank god someone bothers to read!