My drummer let me borrow a rv3 reverb/delay pedal, but it doesn't work. I put a new battery in it, and the light occasionaly will kick up, but no effect. I think the switch is bad that turns it on. I don't want to mess with the wiring or schematics, and I don't want to take it to a shop to get it worked on. Any suggestions? thanks
Quote by rhcpjhlz
I don't want to mess with the wiring or schematics, and I don't want to take it to a shop to get it worked on.

you dont want to try fixing it yourself or having someone else take a look at it and see if they can fix it?

i guess you can always try prayer or magic pixie dust and see if that makes it work but you'll have better luck having someone fix it or cracking it open and trying to fix it yourself.

if it's in mint condition you can always try buying a new one and swapping the new one with the old one then returning it to the store (preferably guitar center, not some mom and pop store) for a refund but that'd be immoral and wrong but would also buy into your 'i dont want to do anything to fix it myself or have someone else fix it' approach.
I already have opened it up and played around with it. I'm pretty sure the problem is this little plastic piece, I don't know the name of it, but it's what is pushed down to turn on the box. I've tried playing around with that, and eventually decided to just take it out and push the two pieces of metal together to have the box on all the time. This is OK with me because I don't do any crazy things with reverb or delay, just something to add depth to the sound. This worked for a while, but now all of a sudden I'm getting this crazy screeching noise. It just started like 5 minutes ago and I don't know what it is. I know all my chords and amp are fine. I looked at the back silicon thing earlier and didn't see any solder or anything that would short it out, but it wasn't a real thorough check.

Thanks for your input so far though, I appreciate it.
Just started using it again a couple of minutes ago, and it worked. After a few minutes though, it started buzzing again. I'm wondering if there is too much resistance somewhere in the current and that is causing it to heat up. I don't know if that's how it would work, but both times it started buzzing, was after some playing.