Page 1 of 2
Here it is all summed up for you:

Basically me and a friend mess around sometimes and make a few songs and one day decided we would make a myspace, so we put up a few songs and thats all, didnt even bother to add people.

Now after a few weeks we log into the myspace and find this:

Hey wah wah the snappers,

I’m listening to "camouflaged" on your myspace page and I want to talk to you about your music…

I help artists get their music heard and placed by major record labels and music industry execs. I can immediately have you on the phone with A reps from major labels like Universal, Sony, Warner Bros. , EMI and more where they can listen to your tracks and give you feedback for deal consideration.

From my myspace profile you can check out our success stories and testimonials. From there you can link to our site or listen for yourself directly from Grammy Award winning artists and others that have worked with AR Music 1 like Usher, Jermaine Dupri, Indie Arie, Outkast, Ludacris, Arrested Development, Chuck D and more…

Just so you know we have a great reputation, we are a member of the Better Business Bureau and we have been around since ’93.

Call my direct line but please don’t respond on myspace or by email, I get a ton of messages and may not be able to get back in touch with you in time…just shoot me a call @ ***-***-**** ext ***

Jeremy Indick
Artist Representative

A Music1. com
Direct Line: (***) ***. **** ext. ***

Email: jeremyi. artistrep@armusic1. com

The Industry Insider’s Best kept Secret

So we decide to give this guy a call, and we leave him a message.
Today he called back, here is the conversation summed up:

Basically he is a kind of artist scout, that sets up appointments so major label music representatives basically have a conference call with you and listen to a couple of songs, give you feedback and talk about a possible deal offer.

Here's the catch:

1 song- $150
2 songs- $200
3 songs- $250

I told the guy I woukd talk to my friend and give him a call back. He told me that this thursday there is an opening with the rock/pop representatives from Atlantic Records.

After a talk with my friend, we started thinking is maybe this could be a hoax, or maybe its not really worth it?

so I decided I would post it here and get some of the Pit's opinions, maybe some of you have had experiences like this?

any kind of feedback would be great, thanks

Here's the link to our myspace:
http://www.myspace.com/wahwahthesnappers
Last edited by Axis28 at Mar 31, 2008,
Quote by Bluesbreaker7
Soudns a lot like a scam to me. I wouldn't.

Im still considering that also, the guy emailed me a couple of pdf brochures that look pretty authentic to me.
Sounds kind of sketchy to me. Try to find out more info on the guy.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
I would find a way to talk to him in person/track his every move.

you could also just try with one song, and if it gets done, then just do it.
imagine how bad it would suck if he's legit and you'd missed your chance.
FREE THE PEAR

Robot Lewis Stevenson of the Timesplitters group! Join!
Sounds like a scam to me as well. They charge you per song? Smells mighty fishy.
I wouldnt do it cause I get real paranoid bout scams. ask for id or something and even then dont do it just punch him in the face, take his money and call the cops on him.

But seriously if its not a scam then go for it.
We walked into the night

Am I to bid you farewell?

Why can't you see that I try
When every tear I shed

Is for you?
Ask him about other artists who he's been with.
THen talk to them.
If he doesn't tell you any, it's probably a scam
Well when I called the guy I was contacted the company directly, then typed in his extension, so does that kind of disqualify it of being a scam?
Sounds like a scam but dig a little deeper, oh, and watch your kidneys, he may sell them!!

^ you can set that up extensions in your house, that doesn't mean it's not a scam
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
any company that wants money up front like that is either scamming you or conducting bad business practices. Either way you will end up getting screwed in the end.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Sounds dodgy to me, he's probably posted it on hundred of MySpace pages.
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
Basically he is a kind of artist scout, that sets up appointments so major label music representatives basically have a conference call with you and listen to a couple of songs, give you feedback and talk about a possible deal offer.

Here's the catch:

1 song- $150
2 songs- $200
3 songs- $250

That's a scam, that's not how record companies do tthings.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Why should you have to pay anyone to deal with your music, it should be vise versa..
Scam, don't do it. I've read about this scam on the interwebz. google it
Quote by MASTER JiMMY
Stop failing, and things will work out.
i have an uncle whos an audio engineer and he says thats not how labels scouts go about doing these things. try and check up on this, phone around a few of these companies and see, there could still be somethin in it
its a scam because i listened to your myspace stuff and its nothing special.. mediocre at best, nothing i would imagine all these huge labels like SONG and EMI dont get demos of everyday. dont waste your time or money
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers
Anyone with dick in their name on Myspace is probably scamming you. But honestly, this happens a lot so I wouldn't if I were you.
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
It's a scam. I got offered the same type of thing (Not exactly the same thing) and I didn't have any songs on my band's myspace.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lmao

his last name is INDICK

HAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Phillitalian
lmao

his last name is INDICK

HAHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I said it first and with more class.

Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
if any of you idiots would do any research on the website http://www.armusic1.com you would find that its an accredited A+ business with the better business bureau since 2004.and they have been an atlanta based LLC since 93.and you DO pay A&R companys to get you in the door.im really confused at why there are so many idots that say the same inaccurate information.and what else fu#%@ me up is the fact that 90% of you probably have no affiliation with a band let alone a guitar.quit being lazy and visit the bbb.heres the link for your all you nerds that arent really doing anything but dissuading somebody from doing something because your talent just isnt there.heres the link: http://atlanta.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=39&bbb=0443&firm=11002537 thats the bbb.org report on your so called "scam" .and anybody whos got any punk comments,save em for your momma.cuz i really dont care about no flunkies.
Quote by jaysicksix6
if any of you idiots would do any research on the website http://www.armusic1.com you would find that its an accredited A+ business with the better business bureau since 2004.and they have been an atlanta based LLC since 93.and you DO pay A&R companys to get you in the door.im really confused at why there are so many idots that say the same inaccurate information.and what else fu#%@ me up is the fact that 90% of you probably have no affiliation with a band let alone a guitar.quit being lazy and visit the bbb.heres the link for your all you nerds that arent really doing anything but dissuading somebody from doing something because your talent just isnt there.heres the link: http://atlanta.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=39&bbb=0443&firm=11002537 thats the bbb.org report on your so called "scam" .and anybody whos got any punk comments,save em for your momma.cuz i really dont care about no flunkies.

Jeremy Indick is on UG too??!?!?!

EDIT:
Quote by crackerpleaz
I think he could've used this advice about 10 months ago guys.

I didn't even notice that
Last edited by heaven's gate at Feb 3, 2009,
and another thing,all you guys posting stuff and then having the nerve to put a link to your music,really need to stop.i mean stop playing music.its all garbage.i mean telling the truth is one thing but sitting here spreading your very inaccurate opinnions is hilarious.i guess the internet is all you got cuz you sure the **** dont have any talent....
if you fags would have did the same 5 minutes of research i did you would have gave that dude better advice 10 moths ago
Page 1 of 2