What are EMG Select pickups like? Just a question, What are they like?

Now don't go and flame them with no explanation, please elaborate.

I like the EMG Covered pickup style and it would fit perfectly in my latest project idea, however as always the budget is not massive £30 tops for a humbucking pickup.

Tis a super modern Guitar, so i want a full modern tone that is versitile. I just want a balsy guitar that sounds good clean (doesn't have to be too great i have the strat) and in the realms of Classic Rock.

Gear is in sig

Any Suggestions?
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
your not gonna get anything good for £30, why dont you get the more expensive ones?
Jackson RR3
ESP LTD MH-250NT (EMG 81-85)
Peavey Valveking 100 Head
Harley Benton Cabnet
Blackstar Distx Valve Distortion
Boss DD3
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Boss Noise-Gate
A Member Of The Jackson Players Group
Save untill your budget is doubled. Then ask this question again. You are not going to do yourself any favors by getting cheap pickups now.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by steven seagull
They're crap.

Well it's a concise description

Quote by prison sex
your not gonna get anything good for £30, why dont you get the more expensive ones?

I'm tight and wherever possible i try to save money. I relented with some of my other gear purchases but hey ho.

Quote by CorduroyEW
Save untill your budget is doubled. Then ask this question again. You are not going to do yourself any favors by getting cheap pickups now.

Alright, no probs i thought this might be the case.

I might save and buy one of your 'Smooth Heritage' Pickups and go for a better tone as opposed to that modern look or the Hot Texan 2 Face looks good for versitility.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Last edited by Madsalty at Apr 1, 2008,