i'm getting a new amp today and i've narrowed it down to a few choices. i was reading about the Mesa Road King and it sounds like a superb amp but way to expensive. so now i'm looking at the Roadster which is $700 less and can fit into my prices range. on ebay though i found a mesa road king for $2000 which is the same price as the roadster. the only thing is the road king on ebay is labeled as Series I. i looked it up and the only difference from the series I to the series II i found was the two clean channels which were changed.

now my question to you is, how drastic a change was this from the series I and is the series I in any other ways different from the series II?

if there isn't much a difference then i might get the road king on ebay since it's the same as a new Roadster.

thanks
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
The series II is just SO much better than series I. They have drastically changed the cleans for the series II, it now has pretty much the same cleans as the Lonestar (awesome cleans). But it I were you, I'd wait it out a little longer to see if you can find a used Series II in your price range. The cleans are simply amazing and the overdrive is insane.
are the cleans on the roadster the same as the cleans on the road king II?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

Well the Roadster is pretty much a Dual Rectifier in combo form and the Dual Rectifier is noted for its spongy distortion and not so great cleans, whereas the Roadking II is the best of both worlds. You get the famous Dual Rectifier overdrive with a new clean channel designed for the Series II. The cleans in the series II are based on the same cleans as the Lonestar, which has stellar cleans. So to answer your question, the Roadsters cleans are not that great and the Road King Series II has awesome cleans. But remember it is only the Series II that has the new and improved cleans.
Quote by ohshait
Well the Roadster is pretty much a Dual Rectifier in combo form and the Dual Rectifier is noted for its spongy distortion and not so great cleans, whereas the Roadking II is the best of both worlds. You get the famous Dual Rectifier overdrive with a new clean channel designed for the Series II. The cleans in the series II are based on the same cleans as the Lonestar, which has stellar cleans. So to answer your question, the Roadsters cleans are not that great and the Road King Series II has awesome cleans. But remember it is only the Series II that has the new and improved cleans.

The roadster is just the road king without all the useless features.
Quote by envoykrawkwar7

edge11
that was an epic win
best thing ive read all day

[feel free to sig this statement]

Gear:
Esp Ltd Ninja 600
Esp Ltd F-50
les paul elite
5watt jcm800 clone
Roland jc-55
Crate V33
Jca20H
Ibanez tubescreamer ts9
Keeley ds-1
I can vouch for how good the Series 2 sounds. It is a godly amp. If you can't afford the Road King II, I would tell you to go for a roadster over a used RK I. The Roadster has the Lonestar cleans and so does the RK II. The RK I doesn't have the lonestar cleans. Hopefully that clears it up for you.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
thank's for all of your input

now i've actually decided to go with the Stiletto mainly because of the price and tubes. i prefer the EL-34's and the stiletto is only about $1000 used so that's much better than spending over 2 grand on an amp. i went into the city and played one today and i loved the sound so i defiantly know i like the amp. now i'm just looking around on ebay for a good used one.
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Roadster = Roadking with out all those FX loops and proggressive linkage... Stilettos sound freakin awesome...