Just curious if anyone has been to a store and tried these guitars out yet, as Fender claims to have made some significant improvements over the last generation. Owners' comments would be helpful, too. I'm probably going to get the 08 American Strat this summer, but I haven't gotten around to going to the store and trying one out yet. If you own a new U.S. Strat or Tele or have played one (or both, haha), how does it compare to the 07s (assuming, of course, that you've played an 07)? Any general comments would be cool as well.
I bought a new MIA strat after christmas to replace my 06" one (same model) and it's the exact same, which means excellent quality. The only thing I can Remember being different is the S-1 pickup switcher and I don't use it all that much but it's nice to have.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
It sounds like you got a deluxe with the S-1 switching. The new standard 2008 strats are pretty much the same with improved looks and hardware (bridge etc...). I haven't tried the new strat but i'm looking forward to trying it
Yea, the '08 stratocaster is amazing dude. They rounded the edges of the neck slightly this year to give the guitar a nice broken in feeling. That adjustment combined with the excellent action of the guitar equates to lighting fast play. I really don't have any complaints about it at all, I don't see how they could possibly improve this top of the line insturment further.
I am trying to get one of these, I like the sound of the Deluxe HSS with S1 switching BUT they seem to be impossible to obtain here in the UK. I have seen some of the new MIA standard strats in a local store but no Deluxe HSS.

The dealers I have spoken to say that Fender just aren't sending them through - anybody know any different?
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by ohshait
It sounds like you got a deluxe with the S-1 switching. The new standard 2008 strats are pretty much the same with improved looks and hardware (bridge etc...). I haven't tried the new strat but i'm looking forward to trying it

No, I got the American HSS standard with maple neck and 3 tone sunburst.

I tried out the deluxe 07" model and it was pretty sweet but i didn't feel it was worth the extra $.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
08 strat is nice, personally i find it easier to slide up and down the neck and easier to hit frets, and i dont know if its just me but it seems lighter
I tried a Standard USA Reissue Strat which ran through a Blues Jr. And i was blown away. I've tried an older USA strat and I didn't feel the same way I did with the new one.

The neck was so easy to play on and the glossy fretboard looked really sweet.
I own an American Standard Strat 2008, with maple neck and olympic white body.

All I can say is, it looks great, plays well and I couldn't be happier with my decision.