Page 1 of 9
So what do you guys think about Columbine?
what do you know about it?
what are the strangest conspiracy theories you have heard?

to JOJ: How can you admire them, at all?
It's kinda easy to admire 2 people who had the courage to go through with something that big.

Just like aussie's admire ned-kelly, even knowing he was bank robber he's still considered a hero.
I said I did admire them, not that I do admire them. I used to carry a picture of them in my wallet, in fact. And the reason I DID admire them is because when I was in school, I hated most people I knew and wished most of them were dead. Not that it was okay to think that way, but its how I felt. I was a hateful little guy in those days.

I think Columbine is bad? What kind of question is that? I know a lot about it. I remember when it happened, and getting static for wearing a Marilyn Manson t-shirt. And I remember not being allowed to have dyed hair in school, and people thinking I was going to kill them because I was quiet and had long hair.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Well, they were two crazy kids who thought it was good to go and kill twelve people because they didn't have any friends. They bought guns and bullets from Wal-Mart or K-Mart and gunned people down.

I don't want to side with Michael Moore, because he's an annoying liberal douche, but he has a point about the American gun culture, they could at least change it so you have to have a licence to own a gun, and make sure guns are sold at gunshops, not supermarkets. That seems reasonable.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Columbine was ballsy but that **** happens all the time in the U.S.

was just another school shooting. no conspiracies.. youd be surprised as to how many times this has happened
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers
Quote by ryknow157

was just another school shooting. no conspiracies.. youd be surprised as to how many times this has happened

+1
Quote by cliff_em_all
cof_median11 is a Child Rapist.

Quote by blink day 4 eva
Theres a mosquito that lives in my room and i let him bite me all the time and i let him live. It's our special deal. His name is "The Dude".

Quote by Babbs
cof_median11, you sick ****.
Quote by ryknow157

Actually, it hadn't happened that often up until then. That was the big one that set people off. Before then, there was the guy who shot people from the clock tower, but not much else. There was the McDonalds shooting, but that was different.. Then there was people going postal.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

I got sent to the school counsellor for saying I was going to go on a columbine style shooting spree. That was fun.
I think the VA tech shootings freaked me out worse than the columbine ones did for some reason.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Actually, it hadn't happened that often up until then. That was the big one that set people off. Before then, there was the guy who shot people from the clock tower, but not much else. There was the McDonalds shooting, but that was different.. Then there was people going postal.

says the uneducated retard.

there were 16 notable elementary and highschool shootings before columbine..
Quote by a6l6e6x1
hahaha "sexism the ultimate humour" a6l6e6x, 2008

My gear:
Kramer Custom Made from 1986
Framus Manhattan
Phaiga Hybrid H1
Ibanez RGT220A
Ibanez RG305DX
Framus Dragon Top
Custom Cab with 6 Celestion G12H Speakers
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I said I did admire them, not that I do admire them. I used to carry a picture of them in my wallet, in fact. And the reason I DID admire them is because when I was in school, I hated most people I knew and wished most of them were dead. Not that it was okay to think that way, but its how I felt. I was a hateful little guy in those days.

I think Columbine is bad? What kind of question is that? I know a lot about it. I remember when it happened, and getting static for wearing a Marilyn Manson t-shirt. And I remember not being allowed to have dyed hair in school, and people thinking I was going to kill them because I was quiet and had long hair.

I agree with you there, and a do actually relate to the two boys who went mad. There are many people I would like to see as twitching, blood soaked pieces of flesh on the floor; but I realise that school isn't all of my life. It seems that the two boys thought that high school was their whole life, and if they had a bad time there, they would have no successful life afterwards.

Thankfully, I've grown up in a completely different school and in a different time, where metal shirts don't mean that I will kill people, and long hair doesn't mean I'm hiding a gun.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
Well, they were two crazy kids who thought it was good to go and kill twelve people because they didn't have any friends. They bought guns and bullets from Wal-Mart or K-Mart and gunned people down.

I don't want to side with Michael Moore, because he's an annoying liberal douche, but he has a point about the American gun culture, they could at least change it so you have to have a licence to own a gun, and make sure guns are sold at gunshops, not supermarkets. That seems reasonable.

They killed thirteen, not twelve. They got guns from their friend, they didn't buy them. They made their own bombs. They DID have friends, but they got picked on.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

A. The "What do you think about Columbine?" was just so this wasnt a complete spam thread, I didn't really care if you answered or not.

B. So because you hated people back in school you admired the people that had the balls to carry through with their hatred? I guess that makes sense. But that is a little bit like admiring Hitler for killing the Jews. He hated them, He thought they were worse than him. These kids kind of had the same concept, just not towards Jews, they were arrogant, and thought everybody who wasnt nice to THEM deserved to die. So it is kind of similar to the holocaust, even if Dylan was a Jew. Thats how the Hitler theory comes in, and I doubt Dylan was offended by Nazism anymore because Most kids these days dont care anymore, and seeing as how he was kind of sociopathic, he wouldn't feel remorse for the death of his people.
Last edited by bluesybilly at Mar 31, 2008,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_High_School_massacre there's the wiki link for those of you who don't know much about it. While I think that killing people is wrong I do kinda see what they were doing. Now I'm not saying that I'd do anything like that but I know how it feels to be an outsider. They went through sooooo many plans to get it how they wanted it. True that their bomb didn't go off (quite brilliantly placed if it would've gone off) but the time they took to go through with it was almost professional.
Quote by ryknow157
says the uneducated retard.

there were 16 notable elementary and highschool shootings before columbine..

Columbine was the one that brought the mainstream attention. I didn't say that there were NONE, I said they weren't that notable, aside from Kent State, which was one of the bigger ones. Don't call me an uneducated retard, you troll. That was the one that brought out the metal detectors, and freaked everyone out. That was the one that had everyone panicking and then had copy cats. There were actually over 20 school shootings, not 16. But most of them only involved one or two people getting killed, Columbine had 13 or 14 people killed.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by freddaahh

Umm.... we do require licenses for guns.
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
Quote by Jabman
Umm.... we do require licenses for guns.

I heard on the radio the other day something about how as of last year, in missouri, you don't need a permit to buy a guy anymore. You still need the back ground check, but not the permit. I dunno if that is true.. But...
Quote by vintage x metal

Columbine was tragic, it only really cemented my opinion that regular folk don't need to own guns. After Dunblane, our Government did the sensible thing and I am really thankful I don't live in such hysteria like the US and it's "gun culture"
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Columbine was the one that brought the mainstream attention. I didn't say that there were NONE, I said they weren't that notable, aside from Kent State, which was one of the bigger ones. Don't call me an uneducated retard, you troll. That was the one that brought out the metal detectors, and freaked everyone out. That was the one that had everyone panicking and then had copy cats. There were actually over 20 school shootings, not 16. But most of them only involved one or two people getting killed, Columbine had 13 or 14 people killed.

There was a shocking amount of public reaction to it, I remember seeing a public service video saying that if your child didn't wear a school uniform they would be a killer. A kid was wearing baggy jeans and a baggy shirt, he pulled out four pistols, a .44 Magnum, an Uzi and a pump action. It was just ultimate facepalm; wouldn't you notice that they kid would be hiding something when you saw him unable to bend his legs.

I know they had some friends, weren't they in a cult called the Trenchcoat Mafia?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Well I know for a fact they didn't plan April 20th solely for Hitlers birthday.
Quote by freddaahh
There was a shocking amount of public reaction to it, I remember seeing a public service video saying that if your child didn't wear a school uniform they would be a killer. A kid was wearing baggy jeans and a baggy shirt, he pulled out four pistols, a .44 Magnum, an Uzi and a pump action. It was just ultimate facepalm; wouldn't you notice that they kid would be hiding something when you saw him unable to bend his legs.

I know they had some friends, weren't they in a cult called the Trenchcoat Mafia?

It wasn't a cult, its just what they were called because they wore trench coats around.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by freddaahh

I saw that video. It was a fail indeed.

They were friends with some members of the Trenchcoat Mafia btu they weren't members of the actual group.
Quote by Chobes
Well I know for a fact they didn't plan April 20th solely for Hitlers birthday.

I know I already said that, in the other thread where this all started.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Same, while I still no longer think the guys are hot ****, I can honestly relate to their agner, they were bullied, alot more than most people are, and they snapped. I feel sorry for them.

Also, this "Rachael's Challenge" group came to my school, and were doing this huge presentation on this girl who was shot on that day and how she was a nice girl and how they say we should be more like her, aka nice, and they gave us all thisi nfo on these people she helped, but did she ever try to help Eric and Dylan? Nope. No, she didn't.
A kid in my school apparently had a hit list and planned to shoot up the school. He was rumored to have the weapons in his basement and the cops apparently found them. I have no idea if there's any truth to this, but it's a scary thing to think something like that can happen in my school, my safe secure school. I try to be nice to everyone. I mean maybe I can make a difference by being nice and sway somebody away from a decision like that. Imo, guns shouldn't be legal, or at least that easy to acquire for teenagers. I just really hate violence, and school shootings are such tragic and preventable things. Everybody needs somebody to talk to, and I'll try to be there when somebody needs somebody.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Mar 31, 2008,
Quote by original=punk
Same, while I still no longer think the guys are hot ****, I can honestly relate to their agner, they were bullied, alot more than most people are, and they snapped. I feel sorry for them.

Also, this "Rachael's Challenge" group came to my school, and were doing this huge presentation on this girl who was shot on that day and how she was a nice girl and how they say we should be more like her, aka nice, and they gave us all thisi nfo on these people she helped, but did she ever try to help Eric and Dylan? Nope. No, she didn't.

I'm sorry, but are you sick in the head?
Quote by maccas616
It's kinda easy to admire 2 people who had the courage to go through with something that big.

Just like aussie's admire ned-kelly, even knowing he was bank robber he's still considered a hero.

Kinda like D.B. Cooper. I admire the **** out of him.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools
Quote by original=punk

My attitude was that nobody learned anything from it. After it happened, schools were interested in getting people to not dress in trench coats, hair dying, or wearing various t-shirts. If you did it anyway, you got made fun of. If you were making fun of someone for it, you didn't get into any trouble whatsoever. The only people who got into trouble were the people who wore it, and that's the kind of thing that pushed Eric and Dylan. After it happened, my brother got suspended because he had a list of people's names from a video game in his locker, and a turkey bone that was part of his lunch. The school thought he was a threat, partially because he got picked on a lot. Meanwhile, the people who WERE actually violent, like the people who would pick on me in gym, got into no trouble and half the time were encouraged by the coach. Why should I feel like these people shouldn't die? Especially at a young age when all you know is high school. They should have focused more on getting people to understand differences, instead of trying to eliminate differences.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by original=punk
Yes, yes I am.

You feel sorry for them after they murdered 13 people?
i don't see how its a ballsy act if they went ahead and killed themselves after.

maybe if they tried to make an escape and actually get away with it maybe.. otherwise they were just a couple of scared kids that got picked on too much.

I think i was in grade 11 or 12 when that happened.. and being an owner of a trenchcoat at the time, it made it difficult to wear my only coat at the time without getting accosted XD

i suppose i could have bought a new one.. but hey, i was saving up for an amp.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
So do all you guys who admire them admire Stalin?
How about Hitler?
Osama Bin Laden?

They all did pretty big things. I would say bigger than columbine. According to that logic,They had lots of balls to kill tons of people so I should admire them.
Last edited by bluesybilly at Mar 31, 2008,
Quote by Kivarenn82
i don't see how its a ballsy act if they went ahead and killed themselves after.

It takes a huge load of balls (or just plain idocy) to kill yourself.
Quote by bluesybilly
How about Hitler?
Osama Bin Laden?

They all did pretty big things. I would say bigger than columbine. According to that logic,They had lots of balls to kill tons of people so I admire them.

I admire and agree with certain things Hitler said, and understand the point of view of Bin Laden. Does that count? I don't necessarily agree with everything Hitler did, but a few of his points of view, especially in regards to things like education and art, I think are valid. And I consider the Taliban attack to be like the Indians retaliating against colonists, but that doesn't mean I'm pro 9/11, or the deaths of anyone.

As I said before, this was my attitude when I was in high school, not the attitude I have now.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by original=punk
Yes, yes I am.

Actually I bet you are not....

You are probably trying to act all hard on a forum cause you dont have to show your face.
Quote by bluesybilly
How about Hitler?
Osama Bin Laden?

They all did pretty big things. I would say bigger than columbine. According to that logic,They had lots of balls to kill tons of people so I should admire them.

I believe that Hitler was bat-sh*t crazy, but he did great things for German morale and economy, things that were desperately needed at the time.

Quote by skoal123
Actually I bet you are not....

You are probably trying to act all hard on a forum cause you dont have to show your face.

You got me... I was just trying to.....

UP THA P0NX! *-)
Quote by bluesybilly
How about Hitler?
Osama Bin Laden?

They all did pretty big things. I would say bigger than columbine. According to that logic,They had lots of balls to kill tons of people so I admire them.

good call.

anyone who can justify the murder of their fellow human beings because they got "bugged in high school" well ****.. you kids can fill that one in.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.