It's preference. If you like it, get it. If your guitar teacher doesn't like it, that's his own opinion.
I'm sorry, what did you say? I can't read that. Also, WTF is a Less Pual? I'm going to assume you meant Les Paul, and you also didn't specify whether you're talking about a gibson or an epiphone.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
You should always try them out. You shouldn't buy dependent on looks only. Get what you really like from a playing standpoint first.
Epi doesn't have the best QC ever, so don't order one online, it will not be the same as the one you play, buy the one you play if you like the way it feels/sounds.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^You'll get used to it, I have an Epi LP standard, pretty heavy. If you don't like the weight though, look into the G-400.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden