So a couple days ago i decided to replace the 4 pots, pickup selector and output jack in my sg and get a setup . I go in to my music store and he adds it up and says 130$, i said no fricken way but i smooth talked and miraculously got it down to 75$.

Anyways, why so expensive for small stuff it cost them a couple pennies to make and sells it for 800x more. i understand profit and all but god damn.
Quote by gtr_101
So a couple days ago i decided to replace the 4 pots, pickup selector and output jack in my sg and get a setup . I go in to my music store and he adds it up and says 130$, i said no fricken way but i smooth talked and miraculously got it down to 75$.

Anyways, why so expensive for small stuff it cost them a couple pennies to make and sells it for 800x more. i understand profit and all but god damn.

That's massively expensive! I work in a music store, and I know for a fact that that shouldn't cost more than 40 bucks - parts and labor included
That's ridiculous, sorry man - that's a total rip off
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
Quote by gtr_101

You answered your own question.

It's all for profit.

Greedy sob's
Quote by bequickorbedead
Stop complaining, EVERYTHING costs more in the UK than the US...

Not really considering how it's kind of relative... You're paying the same percentage of your salary for things that we buy. Euros and Pounds and whatever the hell you wanna use over there has more weight than the dollar atm so you can buy stuff cheaper over here.
Quote by bequickorbedead
Stop complaining, EVERYTHING costs more in the UK than the US...

Oh because something is more expensive in some part of the world I shouldn't complain about how expensive it is here? Give me a break.....

"Hey Jim did you see the gas prices today?"

"But Bill gas is a lot more expensive in Transylvania!"

"Oh my god I had no idea Jim! I'm sorry for complaining about it!"
Last edited by Doobergn at Mar 31, 2008,
Quote by bequickorbedead
I'm sorry, I forgot the world revolved around you guys in the US

oh no he di'ent.

serisouly take advantage of their economy crisis. go on american ebay. everythings a half-price sale. fucking rad.
Quote by glowskulls
oh no he di'ent.

serisouly take advantage of their economy crisis. go on american ebay. everythings a half-price sale. fucking rad.

Even before the exchange rate became so good for us Brits, things were still a lot cheaper in the US, now it's just crazy, things really are like half the price. Pity our government likes to add a lovely big import tax on stuff

I saved about £300 last year when I bought my Mac on holiday in the US instead of buying it in the UK...
Quote by bequickorbedead

It's not like that at all for me, it's just that you are saying we should never complain about things being expensive just because it may be more expensive somewhere else.
Quote by bequickorbedead

jesus christ. why does anyone who doesn't live in the U.S. LOOK for ways to hate people in the US? I don't label all of britain from what a few people from there on this site say, so why do you act like everyone in the US thinks the world revolves around them? I know US has it's problems, and our government likes to think they control the world, but that doesn't mean you can just label everyone who lives in the US...
Quote by rush5757
jesus christ. why does anyone who doesn't live in the U.S. LOOK for ways to hate people in the US? I don't label all of britain from what a few people from there on this site say, so why do you act like everyone in the US thinks the world revolves around them? I know US has it's problems, and our government likes to think they control the world, but that doesn't mean you can just label everyone who lives in the US...

I don't hate you guys, I was joking, although I didn't try particularly hard to make it obvious because I find it funny when people like you take it so seriously and get really defensive about it all...
Quote by Doobergn
Oh because something is more expensive in some part of the world I shouldn't complain about how expensive it is here? Give me a break.....

"Hey Jim did you see the gas prices today?"

"But Bill gas is a lot more expensive in Transylvania!"

"Oh my god I had no idea Jim! I'm sorry for complaining about it!"

I love how everybody ignored this post, even though it makes the most sense.

+1
Quote by bequickorbedead
I don't hate you guys, I was joking, although I didn't try particularly hard to make it obvious because I find it funny when people like you take it so seriously and get really defensive about it all...

k..