Well, so far I have 2 guitars 1 acoustic, and 1 electric. Now I've bought an electric acoustic 12 string guitar.

I know that from there being 12 strings that there is a lot of strain on the neck. My friend (who also plays guitar) recommended tuning it a half step down. Would this be a good idea?

Also, I know that there is different string tensions you can buy (hard, medium, soft), would it be a good idea to go with looser strings?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance if I forget to reply with one

Cheers!
I have a Taylor 12 String guitar and it's fine in standard tuning. If the manufacturers designed it to be in standard tuning it certainly wont put too much strain on the neck.
they aren't gonna sell it if it's not a good quality product, the neck can withstand the pressure don't worry, and do me and favour and slap your friend lol
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Really? I was doing some research (before I made this post), and it said that they don't usually last as long (due to strain the neck with warp). Anyways thanks for the reply's!
Quote by ChaoticVengence
they aren't gonna sell it if it's not a good quality product, the neck can withstand the pressure don't worry, and do me and favour and slap your friend lol

+1
Slap your friend. The guitar will be fine, if there will be extra tension, the manufacturers will design it to withstand it.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)