I dont know what order the events leading up this happened,but I remember my guitar was getting worse and worse and anyway a string snapped and it was set up horrible so I left it for like a year.
The I tried to move the bridge and it wouldnt budge either way Ive tried tightened/loosening springs,changing the bridge angle,tightening/loosening the screws etc.. probs not done it that much good,but tbf it werent in good shape anyways. Anyways i thought one day that Id had enough of the floyd and wanted to put a block under so it would act like a hardtail.Anyways I pushed the bar down and SNAP!. That was the bridge.Its still connected.It still tunes up but theres something majorly wrong somewhere.it actually sounded like the whole thing had snapped off!
Now the question is why do you think my bridge went stiff in the first place and how do you think it could be fixed(if it happens on anything else)

P.S Its a licensed floyd on a KH-202
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2T Dinky
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Antares 12 String Acoustic
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
Slow down there. I'm going to try and make some sense of this. What do you mean by "getting worse and worse"? Where did the string break? What do you mean the bridge would not move? Whats wrong with it? Where is it still connected? A snap could of been the neck shifting around in the pocket,, as unless that trem is pot metal, metal just doesn't break.
Quote by CJRocker
Slow down there. I'm going to try and make some sense of this. What do you mean by "getting worse and worse"? Where did the string break? What do you mean the bridge would not move? Whats wrong with it? Where is it still connected? A snap could of been the neck shifting around in the pocket,, as unless that trem is pot metal, metal just doesn't break.

Yeah, I'm lost too.

Edit: Explain dude, where did the breaking sound come from, what way did you try to push the bar down, are there any visible cracks in the wood of your guitar?
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
Last edited by Dog454 at Mar 31, 2008,
Well it started of with my high e string not gripping,but thats another matter altogether
in general it was in need of a big setup
I cant see any cracks,it happened when the bar was pressed down like I said.But before and even now the bridge is totally stiff
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
Not gripping? Like coming out of it's saddle. You really haven't answered any other questions. The bridge being stiff could be spring related; I had a KH202 and it had a stiffer trem too.
It is coming out of the saddle,but like I said thats not the main problem,the main problem is the bridge,I can deal with that afterwards

The guitars condition was degrading,more things were going wrong with it(and i didnt have the money to keep getting it fixed so it got left)

The bridge wouldnt move,I have no explanation for this whatsoever

I believe its still connected,I pushed down on the bar when it happened(the snap/break)

Im totally confused about it
Gear:
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2