I've looked at countless videos and instructions, but I just don't get how to do pinch harmonics. Could somebody please direct me to a good instructional video or something?
The way I learnt it (or at least to start it off) is picture your pick as a car key. Place the pick parallel to your string, and sorta "crank" it. Crank your gain up and put your bridge pickup on to hear it clearly. It may sound stupid, but that's how I learned it at least.
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
I learned to do it by accident. just lightly touch the string over the pickups after you pick it, I don't see why everyone thinks it's so hard.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
yeah I'd say it would be harder if you're desperately trying. I learned to do them on my strat copy with single coils (it's so easy with single coils for some reason, you can get one no matter what spot you touch) but I find it much harder on my LTD with EMG's. I need to start practicing them again though because I've gotten quite rusty (since I got past my ****ty metalcore stage)
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
Quote by mazohysthoney
(since I got past my ****ty metalcore stage)

I'm terribly sorry you had to go through that.
I find it easier to do pinch harmonics with a 1.5mm pick, with the guitar volume full blast, amp gain full blast and make sure you don't get too much of your thumb involved or else the harmonic won't ring... The G string at the 3rd or 12th fret is a good place to start with your bridge pick up selected.
Quote by Vasser
I'm terribly sorry you had to go through that.

lol.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
Quote by ernie123
I find it easier to do pinch harmonics with a 1.5mm pick, with the guitar volume full blast, amp gain full blast and make sure you don't get too much of your thumb involved or else the harmonic won't ring... The G string at the 3rd or 12th fret is a good place to start with your bridge pick up selected.

If you have good technique, you should be able to do PHs on an acoustic.
I just finally accidentally figured it out while playing "Soft Smoke" by the Pink Spiders...the song doesn't have any pinch harmonics, but it sounds awesome with it.
Quote by which ones pink
If you have good technique, you should be able to do PHs on an acoustic.

True (and I find it easier on acoustic than my Gretsch - not exactly the metal guitar...)
Quote by Danno13
PROTIP: With guitars, you can go ahead and add the "Ed." to "Special"

My gear:
1964 Gibson SG
2007 Gretsch Electromatic
Washburn Acoustic-Electric
Some Fender amp
1967 Encore pile of dung