I'm wanting to test the Laney VH100 and the Engl Screamer, however no music shops nearby stock either of these - im based in the Leeds/Sheffield area (UK) - the only local store is sound control and they stock neither of these

So does anyone know of anywhere relatively close by where I can test either of these? I only know of spectresound.co.uk - they have the ENGL, but they dont keep it in stock, just order it on request, so any help would be appreciated

Or ofc feel free to suggest similarly priced amps that are as versatile - i definately want more than 1 channel as i need to switch between clean and distortion easily
go to the amps website and hit "locate dealer"

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

forgot to check that for laney actually, but ENGL doesnt give much information at all the only suppliers website is quite out of date

EDIT: Laney suppliers list is quite out of date too, many of the listed retailers no longer exist
Last edited by Jackface20 at Mar 31, 2008,
When I wanted to try a Screamer I emailed some chap from the distributor's website, and he replied giving me the address of the nearest store to me stocking ENGLs. Ended up going to Bristol (not too far from me) and buying one

So yeah, email the distributor and you should get an up-to-date response. Then check with the store to make sure they have the right amp/s in stock.
I think I saw an engl in rikkaxe in bristol a couple of months ago. Not really close though.
Rikkaxe is awsome!
My stuff:
Fender Tele 60's Reissue
Schecter Blackhawk
Vintage V300 acoustic
Yamaha RB170 Bass

Peavey Classic 30 amp

Boss SD-1, DOD Grunge, Guyatone PS-010 Compressor, Marshall SV-1, Vox V847, Zoom G2, Line6 Echo Park
why not just email the two companies?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
thanks for the help, will see if emailing them both has more luck than their websites..