Besides things like Power Conditioners, can rack gear be replaced with Effects Pedals?

I've been building a layout through experience of pedals I'd really like to see in the chain for my tone, all together I will have in the end...

A Boss NS-2
A EHX Knockout
A Line6 DL4
A BBE Mind Bender
An Xotic FX BB Preamp
A Keeley Compressor
An Ibanez WD Wah
And finally a BBE Sonic Stomp

This would lead into a Marshall TSL for now, then just the clean channel of the marshall (its true bliss) as a future Bogner Ecstasy will hopefully replace for Leads

Would the tone through this rival that of Rack Gear? I think it would, but then again I'm not a professional musician yet, so, I turn to the experience in UG.

My main goal is to get a very very thick almost 3D lead thats very smooth, I guess you could compare it to a tone like Steve Vai's in some ways. And I wanted to have a very smooth crunch that can be altered for a great blues tone, and a clean that could run from Jazz with a SH Body to a nice breaking tone for clean Hendrix or Mayer.

thank you much in advance =D
Remove the Boss NS-2 and replace it with something better, something like an ISP decimator does the job much better and has much simpler controls.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i was thinking about using the NS2 as a power unit for much of the other pedals but i guess with that amount id need to upgrade to a power brick later
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Remove the Boss NS-2 and replace it with something better, something like an ISP decimator does the job much better and has much simpler controls.

+1
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

so if I change that, is there anything else really wrong?

and will this tone be able to pull off a rack gear quality?
Quote by zRoCkIsAdDiCtIn
so if I change that, is there anything else really wrong?

and will this tone be able to pull off a rack gear quality?

If you change that you should have a pedal board worthy of just about any application I care to think of. It won't be quite rack gear quality but a vast amount of rack gear is overkill unless you're John Petrucci or have a similar range of tones you use regularly.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
yeah, My tone is remarkably repetetive tho, I usual just take my root tone and add on the spice with chorus, delay, comp, etc
Ditch the Ibanez Weeping Demon and get a different wah. There's better out there - RMC, Morley, Dunlop, Vox, etc.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

What's with the bias against the NS-2 and towards the Decimator? *waits for everyone to say "blah blah tone coloration blah blah blah transparency blah blah blah simplicity* Have you guys actually tried both pedals? I have the Decimator, and I haven't tried the NS-2 but the Decimator can't be much better.

And why is simpler automatically better? Consider also that the NS-2 would give you more control. I really think UG needs to stop jumping on bandwagons and start forming their own opinions.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X