Im just curious as to what pickup would do best for standard tuning and Eb metal. (Metallica, Slayer, Etc.) For nice chugging rhythms and bright leads. Anyone have any ideas?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
well...when those bands used to play in those tunings they used EMGs. and they still use them.
Quote by MakeItWitChu
Im just curious as to what pickup would do best for standard tuning and Eb metal. (Metallica, Slayer, Etc.) For nice chugging rhythms and bright leads. Anyone have any ideas?

Are you looking for Metallica or slayer tone and if yes which and what amp are you playing through?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by MakeItWitChu

wow, what a clever person you are.

thought that question through! unlike some people - i.e what pups foz brutalz metal pwn bitch etc

well, its needs to be something tight - i prefer passives over EMG's

depends what your budget is!?! Miracle Man or Holy Diver or Painkiller from Bare Knuckle
Tight budget, and amp will soon be Peavey VK 112, i'm just curious as to what pickups would be needed, nothing too specific.

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
ones that are just labeled for hard rock or metal - though they OD the amp, your amp is more important and VK really doesnt do metal well. sorry.
Quote by davedoom
ones that are just labeled for hard rock or metal - though they OD the amp, your amp is more important and VK really doesnt do metal well. sorry.

I know the amp is more important, so what amp would you suggest and what pickups along with it will get what i am looking for?

^
He's laughing at YOU.

Ibanez RG370DX
For around $550 you could get a Randall RG50TC or B-52 AT-112. They will be much more metal oriented but the B-52 has a good clean from my experience. I am not sure abut the clean on the Randall. You could also get a used Mesa F-30 for about $500. It won't do teh br00talz but it will easily do Metallica and Slayer and will have really nice cleans.