i just found out that my Ibanez AEF30ETBK has a manufacturer's defect
(it's an acoustic-electric guitar so im posting it in electric guitar forum)

the defect is with the battery box.... it is a bit too small for normal AA batteries. it had a cheap stock AA battery in when i got it and when i took em out to inspect, i found out that they are like half a milimeter shorter than Duracell and Energizers.
the result? the cheap batteries fit in and worked perfectly while common batteries like Duracell or Energizer didnt.
I kinda gave it a little force to fit new batteries into the box, but even after fitting them in, the guitar didn't get any electricity from em... probably because they didnt fit right.

the thing is that i've had this guitar for an year and did not notice the defect because i rarely had to plug it in.
however, now that i found out about this, it turns out that i lost the receit for the guitar a while ago.
i asked this in ibanez forum but hardly any answer came.........

is the shop gonna charge me for repairing this because i lost my receit that proves that i bought the guitar from that shop?
i really dont want to pay extra bucks just because ibanez made a defective guitar...

******and yes, im 100% sure that the guitar takes AA batteries. there was 'AA'written on the cheap batteries as well. so im not using a wrong type of battery.
the guitar shop often will have a record of it. they always did for me.

especially if its guitar center or something.
Just forget the part where you used poor man batteries and tell em that the things defective, after all they're guitarists too right?
when you hold the stock battery up to a daracell, you're saying it's physically smaller?

are you sure you are putting the replacement battery in correctly?

take the guitar and the battery down to the shop and ask the guy to put it in for you.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
If it's old it could be a different sized battery... I had an acoustic electric with some weird-ass short AA battery (like 2/3 the size), and a camera that took the same d**n battery. I had to go to a Radio Shack to find it. But then when I needed to replace the camera battery again it turned out they stopped making the battery... so you could very well be screwed.
Quote by Danno13
PROTIP: With guitars, you can go ahead and add the "Ed." to "Special"

My gear:
1964 Gibson SG
2007 Gretsch Electromatic
Washburn Acoustic-Electric
Some Fender amp
1967 Encore pile of dung
first of all, yes the stock batteries are physically smaller than duracells and energizers (not a huge difference, more like half a milimeter)
they are all AA batteries and so are the duracells and energizers that i've been trying
are they Lithium Ion AA as opposed to standard?

i would just take it to the shop. there are batteries that fit im sure.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011