This thread is to state the one thing youthink the world would be better off had history been changed to where this did or did not happen. I personally choose the industrial revolution. The world would be so much better all our modern problems root from this. Guns would still be muzzle loaders we'd be working off the land so we wouldn't be obese and over-population wouldn't be a problem due to the fact that it wouldn't be so easy to meet a bunch of new people to mate with or whatever.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I would make it so you weren't born, and thus this thread would not exist.
Quote by AzureNight
Don't worry guys, he's just bitter because he has a small dick.

Quote by Alexander_BR
You know that good feeling when you take a crap, gay sex is like that

Proud member of the Cardboard Mafia. Search "free boxes" for info.
I would have kidnapped Jesus and brought him to the new world. Why? Just for fun....
i would probably un-kill john lennon.
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
I'd make it so Fidel Castro succeeded in getting drafted into the MLB and loved by America rather than what we have now. Just to see how it all plays out.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Quote by tayroar
This thread is to state the one thing youthink the world would be better off had history been changed to where this did or did not happen. I personally choose the industrial revolution. The world would be so much better all our modern problems root from this. Guns would still be muzzle loaders we'd be working off the land so we wouldn't be obese and over-population wouldn't be a problem due to the fact that it wouldn't be so easy to meet a bunch of new people to mate with or whatever.

We would also still have horrible diseases that run rampant.

EX. Smallpox, Malaria, The Black Death, etc.

Babies wouldn't be vaccinated, and people who die more easily.

The average life expectancy would be somewhere between 20 and 50 years.

And the most important thing....

UG WOULDN'T EXIST!

Actually man, no matter what you change in history, bad things happening is inevitable.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
i would personally murder any european that attempted to cross the atlantic. and their whole family. and the political leaders who sponsored them. also anyone trying to get across the pacific our way.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Wow, you'd want to actually be Amish basically? There was still war and fat people before the industrial revolution anyway.

I would probably kill the first man, for the lulz.
id see if cobain really killed himself
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Quote by dudetheman
We would also still have horrible diseases that run rampant.

EX. Smallpox, Malaria, The Black Death, etc.

Babies wouldn't be vaccinated, and people who die more easily.

The average life expectancy would be somewhere between 20 and 50 years.

And the most important thing....

UG WOULDN'T EXIST!

Actually man, no matter what you change in history, bad things happening is inevitable.

Wello, yeah but personnally I see disease killing people as a pretty fair trade off of easier people killing people, also the pollution from what the industrial revolution started will eventually kill our planet so I think it is pretty agreeable that it will kill more than it has saved.
Quote by Chobes
Wow, you'd want to actually be Amish basically? There was still war and fat people before the industrial revolution anyway.

Well, yeah there were wars but World War I was a direct result of the industrial revolution and World War II was a direct result of WWI so yeah wars wouldn't be near as bad.
Quote by Chobes

Then you wouldn't exist, which means that you didn't really kill him. Which also means that he would be alive, and that you would exist. Which means that you would be able to kill him. But if you do, then...

I don't like paradoxes.
Quote by tayroar
Wello, yeah but personnally I see disease killing people as a pretty fair trade off of easier people killing people, also the pollution from what the industrial revolution started will eventually kill our planet so I think it is pretty agreeable that it will kill more than it has saved.

Well that's your opinion, isn't it?

Who knows what would have happened if man had never industrialized?

We could've all died from some inevitable force.

The whole point I'm trying to prove is that the whole idea lacks certainty. If we were able to go back into history and change things then the future outcome of those changes would be unpredictable to say the LEAST.

Quote by Doppelgänger

Then you wouldn't exist, which means that you didn't really kill him. Which also means that he would be alive, and that you would exist. Which means that you would be able to kill him. But if you do, then...

I don't like paradoxes.

I know what you mean.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Nothing.

Nobody knows how anything in the past could effect anything in the future. I read a short story recently, I forgot the title or who it's by. I just remember something along the lines of:

Go back in time, step on a single blade of grass. One insect doesn't eat that blade of grass, and dies. So do whatever potential offspring it has, thus starving the mice that eat that insect and all the offspring of that single mouse, which could amount to millions or billions in the future. The food chain goes on and on, you know, thus effecting countless species.

So yeah... I'm thinking of throwing out my time machine.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
Nothing.

Nobody knows how anything in the past could effect anything in the future. I read a short story recently, I forgot the title or who it's by. I just remember something along the lines of:

Go back in time, step on a single blade of grass. One insect doesn't eat that blade of grass, and dies. So do whatever potential offspring it has, thus starving the mice that eat that insect and all the offspring of that single mouse, which could amount to millions or billions in the future. The food chain goes on and on, you know, thus effecting countless species.

Beat you to it!

But yeah, you're right.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Hmm there's a lot of things I could do.
Unkill Dime would be a good one.
suprised no ones said it yet.
Quote by lithiumftw
i am actually lolling right now!!! lmao!

After 1 and a half long years, someone laughed at one of my posts.

F*CK YEAH
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
ya gotta recycle them at the places for TVs. theyre full of lead. think of the environment!
I have no opinion on this matter.
the part where george bush becomes president.
Quote by St.Loony
Girls are complicated - Just turn gay and don't bother.

Quote by MightyAl
OK, so now, for Christmas, I'd like the ability to have an erection again.

Quote by smartguyreviews
one time i got up in the middle of the night to take a shit... and the toilet seat was warm....
as was stated you cant change the past but if i were to change/stop things from happening it would be to prevent JFK from getting assasinated, and John Lennon.
Gear

- Epiphone Les Paul
- SX Strat (w/ Fender Vintage Noisless Pickups, TBX Control, and an active circuit board for +25dB mid boost)
- Marshall DSL40C
Quote by tayroar

So you're saying that you would rather be living in isolation on a farm as a poor, insignificant pesant who's forced to do without any modern conveniences, and who has practicaly no rights or say in the goverment? Obesity is hardly a hardly a good excuse to wish that the Industrial Revolution never happened, though I agree that over-population is a significant problem in some cases. But still, without the Industrial Revolution, there would be no modern world.

If I had the chance, I'd probably kill Karl Marx as an infant. The guy had a valid point, but his ideas were used by leaders as grounds for atrocious things, as in Russia/Germany/etc.
I would take video footage of Al Gore "not-inventing" the internet so he didn't make himself look like such a butthole. Well...he did create global warming (for marketing reasons) but still...if i really wanted to hear from a butthole, i would've farted. Possibly on Al Gore
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.