for someone who needs good distortion for classic rock and loud enough to gig with

Peavy ValveKing 212 combo
or
Vox Valvetronix AD100VT-XL 100W 2x12 Guitar Combo Amp
or
Line 6 Spyder III 2X12 120 watts
Valveking all the way
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
ValveKing. But if you go to Guitar Center, they should have a Classic 30 for only $400. At least mine does. That, imo, would be better.
why don't you try one out instead of asking a bunch of teenagers on the internet who think that the amp they have played is the best thing in the world
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Out of thoes the VK is the obvious one but the 212 is an overkill. The 112 is fine and classic rock? Yeah I'd check out the C30
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by qotsa1998
ValveKing. But if you go to Guitar Center, they should have a Classic 30 for only $400. At least mine does. That, imo, would be better.

GC sells them for $600.
Then he could get one used.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
For classic rock you do NOT want the Valveking IMO. It is a good low priced tube amp for people who want to cover lots of genres. It is NOT even close to the best classic rock amp for the price. You can get a Crate V32 or Classic 30 for that price pretty easily that will have better classic rock overdrive and cleans then the Valveking. Look into those instead.
Quote by acdcrocks0323
For classic rock you do NOT want the Valveking IMO. It is a good low priced tube amp for people who want to cover lots of genres. It is NOT even close to the best classic rock amp for the price. You can get a Crate V32 or Classic 30 for that price pretty easily that will have better classic rock overdrive and cleans then the Valveking. Look into those instead.

Ooh, + trail mix. This is a great idea.