I noticed i haven't listened to "rock" music too much recently, i only play it. I listen to Bob Marley and Michael Jackson a lot (The Thriller album). It's weird. Happen to any of you?
You cool man?
Ohnoes, I listens to sumtings dat isn't rawk. Mai lief am over.

So you have a tiny bit of an eclectic music taste, so what?
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
these days its either a grinding messy soup of blastbeats or ridiculous attention to guitar. both sects worshipping solely the god of speed. At least for most metal

its getting stagnant which is a good indicator that popularity is going up(as if you didn't notice with the myriad documentaries, cartoons and reality tv shows).

all in all its a good time to take a break from the genre and when the new tide rolls out we can get back to making progress.

hoo-ray!
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
I've been listening to a lot of Jamiroquai lately and a bit of bob marley as well
Well, about a year ago I became increasingly jaded with rock/metal and it really lost its appeal on me. Most of it, no matter how good people insist some specific band/artist is, is dull and predictable to me, with a few exceptions. I listen to almost all jazz and classical now and I enjoy the two genres much more than I do with rock. I also find electronic and ethnic music appealing and would like to include them in my listening habits in the future.

Oddly enough, most of the music that I write for myself is rock oriented.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Greg Howe ftw
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
If rock isn't giving me my buzz, then I've always got Funk Jazz and Blues to fall back on.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
at the moment i've been listening to Big L.....the few guys who like hip hop on here, check him out he's nuts
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
michael jacksons music owns, also theres a few rap artists that have some pretty good songs
I have lots of not-Rock/Metal music to keep me happy when I don't feel like listening to Rock or Metal. Drum & Bass, Jazz, Blues, and Alternative stuff make up most of it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I've only been listening to classical music recently. have my radio tuned to Classic fm but they play jazz at night! Jazz at night?!

I cant standz jazz!
^ Why can't you stand Jazz?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Opera. I listen to opera and metal; that's all I need unless I'm in a bad mood and I'm looking for something lighter.
Yeah Marley's music has got a soul still unequaled, really moving yet not ear-tearing as noise walls of metal do. Try the different 'Escapes' albums if you feel smooth they work pretty good because the music is pretty inspiring.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth
yeah happened to me.. I usually listen to Zeppelin and Cream and Nirvana and some other harder bands but lately I've been listening to Phish and Grateful Dead and Floyd and more mellow chill out bands.. sometimes it's nice to relax
Holden Caulfield is a friend of mine.
We go drinking from time to time.
If I'm not listening to metal

It's

Prog rock

if not prog rock

Jazz

If not jazz

Classical
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Happens to all of us at some point.

I listen to jazz, some hip hop, and a little classical.
Definitely. I flip between different genres a lot, but my favorites are (in order):
Classic/prog/psychedelic rock
Blues rock
Metal (math, death, thrash)
Classical/Baroque
Fusion
Jazz

I'll go through a couple months mostly listening to one genre, then to another, etc.
Quote by darkstar2466
^ Why can't you stand Jazz?

Don't really know why. Maybe from what I've heard its a bit too uplifting and cheerful for me. I'm quite the miserable bastard most of the time...

... and i like it!

BUT NOT EMO!!!
How does one "get into" classical music? Many of the important artists of the genre are long dead and gone, and even then, there is no aural recording of the original musicians playing their compositions. I know I have to choose a rendition of their work, as played by a contemporary of ours, but how do I know which one is good?

Help a brotha' get started on Classical music.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Ohnoes, I listens to sumtings dat isn't rawk. Mai lief am over.

So you have a tiny bit of an eclectic music taste, so what?

Stop being mean, shorty

Although I'm gonna reiterate. Fantastic, you listen to two larger entities of music outside of rock. Go you, I guess.
^^I see your point. It's not like I know many names of songs or anything, so theres not much point looking at the back of a cd case. I think i started listening to a cd my dad had and put anything i liked on my ipod. Obviously they're all played by modern artists / orchestras.

You could listen to some online radio. And then theres movie soundtracks as well which is probably where you would find anything new.
Quote by darkstar2466
How does one "get into" classical music? Many of the important artists of the genre are long dead and gone, and even then, there is no aural recording of the original musicians playing their compositions. I know I have to choose a rendition of their work, as played by a contemporary of ours, but how do I know which one is good?

Help a brotha' get started on Classical music.

I got into them through guitar.

It's challenging music, both note wise and feel wise. If you take it in a from a musician's perspective you'll have an easier time.

Take Paganini or Vivaldi for example.

Welcome to the wonderful world of classical

R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Xiaoxi
Well, about a year ago I became increasingly jaded with rock/metal and it really lost its appeal on me. Most of it, no matter how good people insist some specific band/artist is, is dull and predictable to me, with a few exceptions. I listen to almost all jazz and classical now and I enjoy the two genres much more than I do with rock. I also find electronic and ethnic music appealing and would like to include them in my listening habits in the future.

Oddly enough, most of the music that I write for myself is rock oriented.

Meh, some genres of classical music are painfully predictable. Practically every other Bach etude I hear sounds like the same phrases in a different order.

As far as music I enjoy outside of rock, I enjoy a lot of folk music and pop music, and I LOVE madrigal music, actually, pretty much all choral music is enjoyable for me.

And of course, death metal
I've been listening to increasing amounts of classical lately, but I still tend to fall back on the blues.