We've all been traded and sold gear. Anything you're glad you've not gotten rid of? Anything you really regret letting go?

Traynor YF12/Line 6 Spider II and Jackson DK2T: I nearly traded these as a package deal for an original Marshall Valvestate 212 and 1987 Charvel Model 6. I'm glad I didn't now that I look back on it. The Traynor has great speakers and is about to turn into a (hopefully) fun restore project. The Line 6 head I traded a Valve Junior. My Jackson I love to death and is just killer. The Charvel was beat up, had rusted pickups, and worn out hardware. The ValveState was nice, but I probably would of traded it down the road.

Jackson Kelly Performer/X Series: I was never sure if this was a mutt or a very early X series with left over Performer parts. I traded it for a Ibanez S540 I never totally gelled with, and ended up selling. The neck played smooth, it sounded nice, and looked badass. I don't know who ended up with it after SchecterFreak traded it, but I miss it

Anyone else have any stories they want to share on the subject?
i was very excited to give away my blues driver

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

All the gear I've ever had has either been sold, pawned, or lost, long ago. Luckily, it was all utter CRAP. Now, I have all new gear, which I love. And my guitars are the goddamned colors I've always wanted, too. Finally.
American HM Strat | LP Studio
Soldano Avenger w/DeYoung OT | Mark IV rackmount | DC-3 rackmount | Single-Recto

Last edited by LEVEL4 at Mar 31, 2008,
The only thing I really miss was an old Randall RH150G3 surprisingly. The thing could rip.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
I sold my CE to fund my BCR Stealth...

Kinda mad I did
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I'm glad I didn't trade away my danelectro fish 'n' chips for an SD-1. Not because I like the dano pedal or even use it, but because the SD-1 is crap. I'm glad I bought my Bad Monkey.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
I had a arctic white MIM fender start with a maple neck with a blue velvet in the bridge, and a hot rail in the neck. damn I wish I didn't sell it.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
I regret selling my old Ibanez SZ520. Thing was a great guitar. I bought my SG from what I got for it, but still, I wish I had it cause I really love those guitars
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i dont think ive ever traded or sold any of my gear. im considering getting rid of my dynacomp though, cause i never use it. itll probably be one of those things ill regret one day when i need a compressor, but i didnt pay much for it in the first place so it isnt a huge loss.

i just find it too hard to get rid of gear, cause i know ill miss it. yeah, im sentimental about my gear cause im crazy.
^ wanna sell the dynacomp?
|~| Iron Maiden addiction |~|
\m/ \m/

gear in profile
The ones that got away:

'59 Gibson Melody Maker
'64 Fender Bronco
'70s Gibson "The Paul"
'36 Orpheus archtop acoustic
'68 Fender Bassman 50 watt head and 2x12 cabinet.
Last edited by carpepax at Apr 1, 2008,
I have never traded or sold any piece of my gear. I know that once I sell or trade something, I'll really want to use it at that moment. Plus a lot of my guitars aren't worth a whole lot to be worth it(just my strat and H&K but I love those ).
2004 Fender American HSS Strat
Hughes And Kettner Switchblade
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Epi LP Classic
Epi G-400
Yamaha acoustic
Boss DD-3 Delay
B.Y.O.C. MXR Distortion+
Vox Wah
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
I sold an old Rickenbacker amplifier (back in late 70's) I think it was a road model. Had great reverb and with a distortion and wah pedal,,,got great tone. Remember playing everything from freebird to Devo on that thing...LOL!
I sold a Les Paul Florentine Plus for $2500 in '03. In '04 I saw one just like it sell for $6000. I'm not sentimental about gear, but I could probably retire off of that guitar alone if I had held onto it for another decade or so.

EDIT: Just found a place that sold one for $10k this past year. [slaps self in face]
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Last edited by Kendall at Apr 1, 2008,
Originally posted by Ventor
I never sold any guitar gear yet

Me too. But I lost a toy that came from a special person. She's the girl I ever want to marry and She gave that thing to me when we where just in grade2. Maybe someday she will be lost too. she already had a boyfriend right now. Every time I see her I just think about this *She became a part of my life and I became part of hers*
Quote by Liger02
Me too. But I lost a toy that came from a special person. She's the girl I ever want to marry and She gave that thing to me when we where just in grade2. Maybe someday she will be lost too. she already had a boyfriend right now. Every time I see her I just think about this *She became a part of my life and I became part of hers*

thats the stuff that you cant replace
i had to sell some serious cymbal when i was trying to fund my first semester at Berklee.
needed cash fast, sold about $1500 worth of cymbals for about $600. i miss 'em dearly. esp. the Sabian HHX evolution ride.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I miss my LTD MH-201 and my Flextone III+.

I do not regret ridding myself of a 6505 combo.
I'm trying to get rid of my Phase 90.

No one wants to buy it, unfortunately.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I wish i never returned my Humbucker music order consisting of a boss tu-2, voodoo labs pedal power, and ehx small clone. I am left without power, a tuner, and amazing cleans
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Hmmm I traded a 70's keytar i got at a garage sale for my Blues Junior. Sold my spider for 60 bucks. Bought some accesories and my cheapy fuzz with that ( i like it) I traded some video games for a Ibanez ts-10, which i then traded for a 535q wah. Traded a xbox wireless adapter for an mxr distortion 3. Traded an old ps2 and games for my BC Rich from the 70s (guy didnt know what he had). Traded an old dvd player for a Boss TU-2. Traded some cheap drum stuff for my Ovation.

lol so about 90% of my gear is from trades?
Fender Mexi Strat
FuzzFace/Rangemaster
Boss RC-2
Line 6 Flextone III XL
Ibanez aw20ce

FS/FT
Boss TU-2
Marhsall BB-2
Digitech Digiverb
Digitech PDS1700
535q wah
i haven't kept anything, the oldest piece of equipment i own is my '01 Jr i bought in 2006.

the only one i miss is my old '79 Firebrand SG.
1982 Gibson Firebrand "The SG" Deluxe
Blackstar HT-1R | Line 6 M5 | Malekko Omicron Fuzz | Behringer SF300 Super-Fuzz | Morpheus DropTune | TC Ditto Looper
My old Epiphone Les Paul Special II. Yeah, it was a crap guitar, but it was my first guitar so it had that special meaning to it. I sold it to fund my Schecter C-1+.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Schecter C-1+ with SD '59/Custom 5
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Hmm, thinking about it, the only thing that I've sold was my Dunlop Crybaby. That thing sucked in comparison to my Kimbara Wah, so I'm glad I got rid of it.

I was contemplating selling my Muff, but since getting my EQ, I'm glad I didn't sell it.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Sold a Peavey Windsor 412 cab for $200..
I don't really regret it or anything now that I've got a mesa 412, but It'd be sweet to still have it just to dink around with a full stack for the "br00tz factor"
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
I can't believe no one has realized this thread is dead.

I sold a Crate GX65 to a buddy. That was a pretty sweet amp. I kinda miss the F30 as well, but I prefer the BJr over it (for what it does). Come to think of it I miss the HRD as well since I now have the no how to mod it and throw some 6v6s in it. I could've done something like Omega and maybe had myself something dumblish. Certainly something that I'd make a few bucks on selling.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
What I regret:

Marshall 50 watt plexi head
Garnet head and cabinet

What I'm glad I got rid of:

Copy of an Ibanez Paul Stanley PS10 (made of plywood)
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
I don't regret getting rid of my SpiderIII and B-52 AT 112
I regret getting a line6 constrictor
I sure as hell don't regret getting my ENGL Blackmore
I regret swapping my C1 classic pickups for actives
WTLTL 2011
the only thing i have sold is my gibson les paul when i realised that i hadn't played it for about 5 years.

i miss it very occasionally but my 2 strats and a tele more than make up for it.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix