Umm, Im pretty good at guitar now. I can play most songs if I have a tag. I make a lot of songs on guitar pro. I dont really practice like....ever though, and I think I could be MUCH better if I do... I practice(and by that I mean play songs I know...which is like 2 :P) People say I should practice more than an hour a day. Where do you people get this time!!! Well anyway what is a good practice scheduall thing for practicing about 45 minutes to an hour. By schedual I mean

10 min. chords
10 min. improve

etc.

I dont really know what to practice. Also,add some things that help with making songs please.
if its something you love you don't ask yourself "when do i make time for guitar" you ask yourself "when do i make time for work/school/bills/eating/sleeping"

personally i play about 2 hours a day, i probably only actually practice now for about 10 or 15 minutes.
If guitar is a "big thing" for you, and if you're really set on becoming better at it, plan ahead so you can give yourself time to practice. Some days I don't practice at all; others, I will go for seven-hour stretches.

My ideal practice schedule (about 6 hours):
-30 min. warm-up: chromatic runs, basic chord shapes, finger strength exercises
-30 min. scales: major/minor scales in 7 main keys, blues, whole tone, bebop, 7 modes (one mode per day)
-50 min. rhythm songs and chord progressions, strumming patterns, palm muting
-20 min. sweep picking exercises
-1 hour other technique exercises: bending, vibrato, tapping, palm muting, picking, etc.
-20 min. fretboard work, learning the notes on the fretboard, intervals between strings
-1+ hour lead guitar songs: learn songs by tab/ear, practice lead lines
-30 min. of just playing old songs
-40 min. improv and cooling down
^ VERY few people have the attention span to do that kind of rigorous practice. i say this

"actually practice what you can as long as you can give it your full attention, be it 5 minutes or 2 hours"

5 minutes of fully attentive practice will be better for you over a 2 week span than 2 hours of playing and not really paying attention
Quote by z4twenny
^ VERY few people have the attention span to do that kind of rigorous practice. i say this

"actually practice what you can as long as you can give it your full attention, be it 5 minutes or 2 hours"

5 minutes of fully attentive practice will be better for you over a 2 week span than 2 hours of playing and not really paying attention

:P I know, I was just saying that's my practice outline. If you're really serious or something, you could try that. It really depends on how much time you have and how dedicated you are.

But for most people, I really don't like the idea of practicing say, one set hour a day. Like I said, my practice time fluctuates a lot; some days I just can't will myself to pick up the guitar. I only usually play when I feel like it...which happens a lot of the time.

...I think I just contradicted myself, but whatever. Just don't force practice.